4 wheel disc brake conversion kit for my 81 cj7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 4 wheel disc brake conversion kit for my 81 cj7

Save big with ExtremeTerrain.com's Top Spring Mods Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Restorations, Mild to Wild! CCOR

Unread 07-26-2009, 10:51 AM   #1
JSCHAFER2233

4 wheel disc brake conversion kit for my 81 cj7

I am looking to upgrade my 81 CJ7 brake system with a hydroboost conversion kit and would like to also upgrade to 4 wheel disc brakes. Does anyone have any suggestions on a 4 wheel disc brake conversion kit they had a good experience with? thanks

JSCHAFER2233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2009, 11:05 AM   #2
foggybottombob
1984 CJ7 

I used 300ZX calipers on the rear with Geo Tracker rotors and a bracket I had made locally. The pictures show brackets for two different Dana 44's but the machinist has a bracket set for the AMC 20 also. This setup has the advantage of not needing a new proportioning valve since the ZX caliper piston is so small. They also have a built in emergency brake feature which I used by making a piece to hold the e-brake cable from a small piece of pipe and some washers.

foggybottombob is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.