4" Suspension LIFT???? 1979 CJ7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 4" Suspension LIFT???? 1979 CJ7

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.comAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kits

Unread 07-03-2007, 07:39 PM   #1
swamper
2006 TJ Wrangler 

4" Suspension LIFT???? 1979 CJ7

All right, PLEASE everyone give their opinions on what suspension/spring lift they recommend for a soft comfortable ride around town and still a little mud on the tires... 1979 CJ7 304 V8 3 speed.

Also, getting ready to put headman fenderwell headers and catback exhaust, manifold bolts look like something from the titanic all crusted over... how much $$ problems am I gonna run into with this?

swamper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2007, 09:26 PM   #2
79cj7reny
1979 CJ7 

To answer your 2nd ques. 1st: You can't have fenderwell headers AND a cat back exhaust. You'll have to pick one or the other. There's really no way to run full duals on the outside of the frame rail. Here's mine w/ fenderwell headers and sidepipes. I don't think it's too loud. It's louder than a stock Harley but quieter than a Harley w/ drag pipes.
As far as lifts go, mine has a Black Diamond 3" lift with 3/8" extended shackles. Keep in mind I still have the 31's on it. (no coin for 33's yet)http://It rides pretty good.It rides...nt=Jeep005.jpg
79cj7reny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2007, 09:29 PM   #3
79cj7reny
1979 CJ7 

Sorry, ran outta space. I was saying, mine rides like I would expect a stock new CJ would ride.http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...ny/Jeep005.jpg
79cj7reny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2007, 07:59 AM   #4
GPER
1979 CJ7 

I run the REE 4.5 YJ springs on my 79 CJ-7 with the shackle reverse, it rides and handles better then it did when I bought it new.
GPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2007, 08:23 AM   #5
Bard
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPER
I run the REE 4.5 YJ springs on my 79 CJ-7 with the shackle reverse, it rides and handles better then it did when I bought it new.
REE seem to be the best quality kit these days, but each is there own. I just go SOA for the comfort ride and to get the flex I need. I was nicked named the weeble wobble this weekend
85' CJ7 Laredo, 383 GM, Turbo 350, NP 203. SOA, 2" frame lift, 34" TSL swampers, Dana 30 open, AMC 20 w/ detroit locker, 4:10's, 1 Piece Mosers, 35" boggers to abuse when needed.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2007, 12:03 PM   #6
swamper
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Cj7 304 V8

1979 Jeep CJ7 304 V-8 3 speed.

Sorry, that's how much I know... I meant fenderwell headers with purple hornie glasspacks...

Help me out with this tire/wheel chart... I would like to put IROK RADIAL 33 X 13.50 tires on American Racing Outlaw II rims on my cj7. I have no idea what RIM numbers will/wont work...
swamper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.