4-door Cummins CJ-7 @ Lima Jambo - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 4-door Cummins CJ-7 @ Lima Jambo

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinGear Installs at CCOR Special

Unread 05-24-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
jeepskate
Web Wheeler
1986 CJ7 

4-door Cummins CJ-7 @ Lima Jambo

Just thought I'd share this one from the Lima, OH 4 Wheel Jamboree this past weekend:

jeepskate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
DT5150
1983 CJ7 

first 4 door cj i've seen. pretty neat..
Unread 05-24-2011, 02:42 PM   #3
hp_lovecraft
1981 CJ5 

At first glance, it looks like they made the front and rear doors interchangable, but then hinges are in different places? Seems done that way to accomodate 1/2 doors. Certaintly does NOT look like a JK with a CJ front clip.

AMC did make a 4-door CJ-6, but it was only for export.
hp_lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2011, 02:46 PM   #4
Supertrucker
1979 CJ5 

Awesome!
Supertrucker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2011, 04:51 PM   #5
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

Very cool!......but that 3" body lift detracts from all the work that appears to have been put into it and "cheapens" the appearance (to me any way)......and I'm not a big proponent of "bling" hinges, wheels etc. on a Jeep....

But an awesome rig none the less!........Cummins powered....

Now to convince the wife to get rid of the minivan for one of those.....hmmmmm.
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2011, 05:57 PM   #6
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

I hate to say it, but I don't like it. I think it's ugly. Looks like a piece of good work, however.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2011, 06:04 PM   #7
benullman
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
I hate to say it, but I don't like it. I think it's ugly. Looks like a piece of good work, however.
I can agree. Its a great work of art but I think its the tires and rims that do it. If you put some meatier off road tires on there with some 15x12 wagon wheels like 38s it would looks great!
Unread 05-24-2011, 09:40 PM   #8
Ken4444
Corripe Cervisiam

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by benullman View Post
I can agree. Its a great work of art but I think its the tires and rims that do it. If you put some meatier off road tires on there with some 15x12 wagon wheels like 38s it would looks great!
Ditto. My first thought was that I don't like the wheels which appear to be larger than 15".

But, yes, it would appear that someone did put some time and money into the project. It's generally tastefully done. Hopefully the inside and the details are as well done as the outside.
Unread 05-24-2011, 09:47 PM   #9
huntersdad

1985 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
x2

Tim Hamilton

/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-

()_)-()_)-o-)_)
huntersdad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2011, 09:47 PM   #10
Pacfanweb
Go Wolfpack

1981 CJ7 

Agree about the wheels, but that's a bad arse ride otherwise.
Unread 05-24-2011, 09:52 PM   #11
Moto4x4
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Take the 3" BL off, different wheels (smaller and black imo), bigger tires. That would make it so much cooler, but its still pretty cool
Moto4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2011, 09:58 PM   #12
jeepskate
Web Wheeler
1986 CJ7 

I would agree that the 3" body lift detracts from it...overall I think it has too much lift and I think that draws extra attention to the tire/wheel package. IIRC it has a 3" body lift, 4" RC springs, and is SOA. Couldn't get a good look at the inside...the owner wasn't around and I don't touch other people's rigs unless I'm invited to do so, especially not at a show. The overall coolness and craftsmanship is undeniable.
jeepskate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2011, 04:04 PM   #13
79bornwild
1979 CJ7 

wow.. that's pretty wild!.. personally i think i would gone more suspension lift, less body lift. HA, bet that hard top was 'fun' to fab, probally wasn't too hard (i'd be very curious to know).... Deffinitly curious to see the interior.. and to see a break down of build up costs~hmmmm =)

Deffinitely an impressive cj!
79bornwild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2011, 07:04 PM   #14
nshefbuch
1982 CJ7 

I saw that there. He must have just finished the swap. He had it soa with stock axles and the stock little driveshafts. The tub was amazing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.