4" CJ lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 4" CJ lift

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 01-15-2002, 01:28 AM   #1
ender

4" CJ lift

where can a find a lift for a CJ that's bigger than 4 inches? I can't ever find any

ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2002, 02:54 AM   #2
JIM79CJ7

You can go with 4" spring and Put spring over axle kit and will give you approx. 7"-71/2" of lift or you can have custom springs made . I've seen national springs 10" of lift spring under axle .
Good luck
JIM

Custom Stuff--- [URL=http://www.JCfabanddesign.com]JC Fab & Design[/URL]
ORANGE JEEP CLUB
MEMBER # 1

1979 CJ7 / 304 /T 150 /HUGGER ORANGE PAINT JOB/ Lots of cool stuff
2003 Inca Gold Rubicon , <------ Sissy jeep :)
JIM79CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2002, 07:49 AM   #3
AeroViper1

Be careful going SOA on 4" springs...with the wheelbase of a CJ and an soa...that's deffinatly gunna tip easily.
AeroViper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2002, 08:01 AM   #4
CJeep
Alpha dog

1982 CJ8 

How much lift are you looking for? You can combine a 4" lift with a mild shackle lift, shackle reversal w/ or w/o buggy springs (for the front).

You could also have springs made to your specs by a good spring shop, as Jim stated. These are not always so expensive.

There are so many custom suspensions out there, one will likely fit your bill, but these may be more expensive.

I may be wrong, but I think, that in addition to much better articulation, that Revolver shackles also give you some baseline lift.

LOL

2004 Grand Limited 4.7 HO - OH Boy!

2010 Grand Laredo 5.7 Hemi - SICK - work vehicle -gone - replaced by an 08 Tahoe - nice ride.

"Both my Doberman and my Jeep can accurately be described as 'black and rust.'"

"I got a fever . . . and the only prescription is more cowbell"
CJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2002, 05:17 PM   #5
RickCJ7

If you want more than 4"s of lift do an SOA. That'll give you 5"s and add 2 1/2" springs if you want more. Just remember the higher you go the more it'll cost. You'll need an SOA if you want to run larger than 36" tires.
Unread 01-18-2002, 04:44 PM   #6
Darko

Doesn't a SOA with stock springs give you 5-6 inches of lift?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.