4.3 Vortec - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 4.3 Vortec

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-08-2006, 01:23 PM   #1
ragincajunATL

4.3 Vortec

Would this be good swap for a CJ 7 ?

Is it possible?

This is a complete 4.3L engine with 80k miles, 5 speed NV3500 transmission, and transfercase out of a 1999 4X4 Chevy 1500 pick up. The engine is complete with power steering pump, new alternator, A/C compressor, water pump, wiring harness, complete ignition system (coil pack, plug wires, plugs), air box with good mass air sensor, exhast manifold, both catylitic converters, 4 O2 sensors. Transmission has slave cylinder attached, new shifter, good clutch and pressure plate. The transfer case is meant for a left side front differential. The cylinders were sprayed with C Foam and the engine has been turned every 2 weeks to avoid corrosion. No fluid leaks. This motor is complete and ready to go into any project truck/SUV. I will provide pictures and additional information for anyone interested. Feel free to contact me via email or phone

Last edited by ragincajunATL; 10-08-2006 at 04:13 PM..
ragincajunATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2006, 05:01 PM   #2
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Are you saking a question oor selling it?
Sounds like you copy and pasted the ad. Best to put quotes around it id you did.

And yes, I like the 4.3 engine in a CJ but my 268 won't give up.
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2006, 05:25 PM   #3
Bard
1985 CJ7 

I just did one to a YJ. Easy enough to do, it's walk in the park, but a CJ, you will be challenged in the transfer case and wiring. That is why I stay with my 258, I can abused, torture and beat her and she still shows me all the love everytime I need her.
85' CJ7 Laredo, 383 GM, Turbo 350, NP 203. SOA, 2" frame lift, 34" TSL swampers, Dana 30 open, AMC 20 w/ detroit locker, 4:10's, 1 Piece Mosers, 35" boggers to abuse when needed.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2006, 09:36 PM   #4
razorback

I have one in my '80 cj, a 5 speed transmission, advance adapters made it possible to hook up the tranny to the motor. I love it. FUEL INJECTION!!!! It has so much power.Dana 300 transfer case also.I highly recomend it. Mine is out of a '96 Bravada. I got the wiring harness from Painless Wiring.
razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2006, 09:00 AM   #5
Sfisher
1984 CJ8 

I too have this swap in my '85. Mine was from a '97 S-10 and it works great. If you have to do a swap its not a bad way to go. My problem is the air cleaner box is up by my brakes master cylinder and I can't add a power brake booster. I'll have to add a small k&N and ditch the original air filter box to fix it. It's got great power and gets a little better mileage than the V-8.
Sfisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.