4.2L to a 4.0L head swap? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 4.2L to a 4.0L head swap?

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-27-2005, 08:12 PM   #1
Vinnyl32

4.2L to a 4.0L head swap?

I may need to pull the head on my 4.2L My question is how much am I looking at for a 4.0L head? Also where would you recommend getting one at? Thanks

Vinnyl32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2005, 08:29 PM   #2
Geer_hed

Junkyard.

Write-ups.

Go.

Unread 07-28-2005, 07:02 AM   #3
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

You can go one of two ways.... Junkyard head which is cheaper, but you don't know what you're getting or what the condition is... You can spend a few hundred getting it machined and you're good to go.

You can also get one from Hesco for around $700, but atleast you know it's a direct bolt on and there isnothing else to be done.

I just finished my writeup at : http://www.ec4x4e.com/tech/rebuild/html

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.