4.2 tbi upgraded, but now i have issues. HELP! - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 4.2 tbi upgraded, but now i have issues. HELP!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-20-2013, 09:02 PM   #211
kappa505
1980 CJ5 

Matt, why are you so emotionally invested in this thread? Trying to stick it to him at every post?

"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." Supposedly President Coolidge
kappa505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 09:14 PM   #212
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappa505 View Post
Matt, why are you so emotionally invested in this thread? Trying to stick it to him at every post?
Because I don't like being lied to.

Mike said, "I build lots of high power drag racing engines every year that run 650 and 700 cfm carbs."

I don't buy that. Period.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 09:34 PM   #213
kappa505
1980 CJ5 

I miss the non angry, forgiving Matt that I saw in the greasy pig build.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." Supposedly President Coolidge
Unread 03-20-2013, 09:46 PM   #214
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappa505 View Post
I miss the non angry, forgiving Matt that I saw in the greasy pig build.
The greasy pig thread, among others, taught me to how to spot a BSer.

Brutal, but honest.

Matt.
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 10:05 PM   #215
thompsoj22
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7 View Post
So, in a nut shell, the AMC 258 was more confusing than all the those "high performance drag racing engines" that you build.

OK....

Good luck with the new build.

Matt
:
PopCorn: this thread has entertained me without a doubt!. Mike if your buddy has cash convince him to go with a "turn key" carburated crate motor. it is time for him to have a jeep that runs.
thompsoj22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 10:20 PM   #216
kappa505
1980 CJ5 

Matt you are a large presence on this forum now. Maybe try to be a large positive one.
Unread 03-21-2013, 07:41 AM   #217
CSP

I gotta admit, my BS meter has gone off a few times in this thread. Who rebuilds an engine without checking the deck for flatness? The devil is in the details and this TBI swap (and apparently the engine build) is missing a LOT of details.

It's certainly not a valid reflection on the swap-ability of TBI.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #218
Jon In Tucson
Jesus Is Lord!

1983 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSP View Post
I gotta admit, my BS meter has gone off a few times in this thread. Who rebuilds an engine without checking the deck for flatness? The devil is in the details and this TBI swap (and apparently the engine build) is missing a LOT of details.

It's certainly not a valid reflection on the swap-ability of TBI.
This certainly has been an up and down build thread.
Kind of like eating a whole can of jalapenos in one setting. Exciting on the front, but heartburn the next morning... God bless.
Jon In Tucson

"The secret to a Jeep, especially a CJ, is you can't
panic." - Mike

"I may not be a smart man, Jenny, but I do know grounds."
Jon In Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #219
motormike24

never said more confusing. its still just pistons and bolts... just sick of once i fix one broken part, the next breaks, then the cycle repeats. so we are scrapping that project and moving on with a much more proven engine. and ya yea i know your so partial to that motor so you can save your breath on the lecture that im just too stupid or something. you dont have to believe me about my career, because i have had so many people witness my builds that i really dont care what you think. out of over 150 engines i've built, this is the ONLY one that has had these kinds of headaches. again, thank you to the rest of you guys for all your awesome help. thanks and pce.

mike
motormike24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.