4.2 FI Conversion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 4.2 FI Conversion

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 07-07-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
CadCaman
1983 CJ7 

4.2 FI Conversion

Guys, I know there are a lot of threads on here about the fuel injection swap but I am having a hard time figuring out some specific things. I am hoping you can help.

Here is where I am at. I have a 83 CJ with a 258. I have swapped out the head with a 4.0. When I bought the 4.0 head I got all the FI stuff with it. I have the fuel rail, intake, throttle body thing, wiring with computers. I get how to hook it all up with the exception of:

1. How can I possibly figure out the wiring?

2. I know there has to be a cam position sensor on there so how do I add that and where do I get it?

3. What kind of a fuel pump do I need (flow rate)?

Can anyone get me started or direct me to a book or magazine article or link or something?

Thanks,

Jeff

CadCaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
86cj74.2L
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

You will need a crank position sensor either mounted in the bell housing to watch the teeth of a 4.0 flywheel or one mounted on the front of engine and the harmonic balancer to go with it.

The cam sensor becomes the distributor. Keep searching. Plenty of info. Get electrical drawings for the year head and electronics you have.
86cj74.2L is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #3
1986cj
1986 CJ7 

This is a good right up to start with. http://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/vi...c.php?f=6&t=24
1986cj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
258 , cj , injection

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.