4.0L swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 4.0L swap

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-22-2011, 06:03 AM   #1
hotrodzgarage
1985 CJ7 

I know, I had to come up with some different washers the intakes aren't the same spacings. I will watch for the and add the other gasket if needed.Thx

Unread 05-22-2011, 06:04 AM   #2
gojeepin
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodzgarage View Post
Nope just used the stock 95 4.0L exhaust/intake gasket. The pump bracket still uses the two bolts on the water pump and the two on the block has plenty of strength still no movement at all.
I did that at first but I developed an intake leak. The flanges on my intake and exhaust are different thicknesses. The single gasket couldn't seal them both.

Edit: is it just me or did this thread get inverted somehow? This should have been post #8.

83 CJ7, 4.1L 6cyl (4.0L bored .030" over), 35" tires, T-5 transmission, Dana 300 TC, Trussed AMC 20.
gojeepin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2011, 07:12 PM   #3
hotrodzgarage
1985 CJ7 

4.0L swap

4.0L swap
I just did a 4.0l swap in my wifes 1982 CJ7. I started at about 9am saturday morning had it running at 7pm that night. Hooked up the exhaust and timed it this morning. This runs so much better then the 251k 4.2L that was in there. Here are some pics.

Unread 05-22-2011, 07:18 PM   #4
gojeepin
1983 CJ7 

That's an interesting way to do the power steering pump bracket...

Did you use both the intake and exhaust gaskets when you mounted the manifolds?

Which Weber are you running?

83 CJ7, 4.1L 6cyl (4.0L bored .030" over), 35" tires, T-5 transmission, Dana 300 TC, Trussed AMC 20.
Unread 05-22-2011, 07:23 PM   #5
hotrodzgarage
1985 CJ7 

Nope just used the stock 95 4.0L exhaust/intake gasket. The pump bracket still uses the two bolts on the water pump and the two on the block has plenty of strength still no movement at all.
Unread 05-22-2011, 07:39 PM   #6
KUJeeper82
1985 CJ7 

Why'd you keep the carb? Fuel Injection >> carb...
KUJeeper82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2011, 07:59 PM   #7
hotrodzgarage
1985 CJ7 

I know the fuel injection would have been better, but my budget and time restraints meant keeping the weber carb. this is my wife DD and so I only had the weekend to do it. I have the FI intake and brackets so we will do a FI swap when time and money allows.
Unread 05-22-2011, 09:54 PM   #8
gojeepin
1983 CJ7 

Well, here's one of the threads that got mangled and thrown back in time.

Unread 05-22-2011, 10:30 PM   #9
hotrodzgarage
1985 CJ7 

I saw that how wierd

Tags
4.0 , 4.2 , cj7 , swap

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.