4.0L head on 4.2L block - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 4.0L head on 4.2L block

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 05-26-2003, 07:00 PM   #1
Boiler
1984 CJ7 

4.0L head on 4.2L block

Anyone done the 4.0L head conversion on their 258? What were the results? Was it worth it? Was filling the water jacket holes a pain in the butt?

My 258 is shot and in need of replacement. I want to keep the 6 cyl but looking for more muscle.

Boiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2003, 10:41 PM   #2
CJeep
Alpha dog

1982 CJ8 

It's great to ask questions, I would say they are the main reason for a forum like this. That being said, try a search here, Google, and also jeepsunlimited.com is a good place. This has been discussed many, many times, and the web has several articles on it.

I will be doing this swao towards the end of the summer.

Good luck

2004 Grand Limited 4.7 HO - OH Boy!

2010 Grand Laredo 5.7 Hemi - SICK - work vehicle -gone - replaced by an 08 Tahoe - nice ride.

"Both my Doberman and my Jeep can accurately be described as 'black and rust.'"

"I got a fever . . . and the only prescription is more cowbell"
CJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2003, 09:52 PM   #3
Marcj7

here are some links for you:

http://monsterslayer.com/jeep/40Head/40Head.htm

http://www.off-road.com/jeep/new/40conv.html

I wouldn't waste my time and money doing this swap on an engine in need of a rebuild though.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.