4.0 swap: fuel line connections - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 4.0 swap: fuel line connections

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955FrEaKy FrIdAy SaLe!!!!NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 03-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #16
Gigemags05
1980 CJ7 

I've got a hard line that runs from the tank all the way to the engine bay. From there, there is flexible his that connects it to the engine. I was going to reuse the hard line and attach fuel injection rated hoses where flex line was used.

Where the line attaches to the fuel rail on the engine I am going to get the quick connectors.

Is this process wrong?

Gigemags05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2013, 12:07 PM   #17
CSP

SLO Ken,

I wouldn't assume that the 4.0 rail is 5/16" or 3/8". I've seen those connectors in metric sizes as well. A set of calipers would determine it one way or the other.

The 4.0 fuel rail only has one bead like this fitting has:

I'm assuming that by double bead you mean this type that Ford fuel lines and lots of air conditioning lines use that require the round disconnect tool.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2013, 12:27 PM   #18
SLO_Ken
1986 CJ7 

I'll put a set of calipers on mine when I get home from work tonight.
SLO_Ken is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2013, 12:35 PM   #19
Gigemags05
1980 CJ7 

I just put a set on mine.

One is 5/16 and the other is 1/4. I'm pretty sure the bigger one is the inlet, and smaller is return.

***edited because I accidentally typed the wrong measurements****

Napa has the 5/16 quick connect but not the 1/4.
Gigemags05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.