4.0 to a Stroker Rebuild??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 4.0 to a Stroker Rebuild???

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 09-19-2011, 06:41 AM   #1
poppatello
1984 CJ7 

4.0 to a Stroker Rebuild???

I've seen a couple 4.0 Renix motors and 4.2's on cragis list advertise as great stroker rebuilds. Just wondering if it can be done and about how much am I looking to do it? I would do as much work as I could but want a great job so I would assume the machine shop would install the crank and cam. Has anyone done this and liked the outcome???

Paved Roads
A Fine Example of Needless Government Spending
Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker View Post

Sometimes it a good idea to pull a vacuum hose before the wife rides in it--you can tell her you need a new ____ and once you get your new ____ you can reconnect the hose. :)

84 Cj 7 w/ 4-Banger, 4.5" BDS lift, 1/2 Trans Drop, Twin Stick, 32" Tire, Front Aussie Locker, No Sound System Yet, No Armor, Warn 8274 Not Installed, Webber Carb Upgrade, Luckycheese Ing. Upgrade...
poppatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 06:56 AM   #2
JeepnBlake
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I was quoted 1500-1800 to do mine.

That is me bringing in my engine, the crank (needs 10mm machined off the nose), and bringing in my new pistons and cam. I would also be getting the engine hot tanked, block bored out, and reassembled to drop in.

Piston sets (KB944) are $415 + shipping right now at summit
Cams are $200+
plus you're looking at the parts that get replaced in a rebuild freeze plugs, seals, gaskets etc.

So you'll be in the $2200-2500 range when all is said and done on the conservative side.

Some folks just pull the crank and rods and throw in the 4.2 stuff, which is done pretty cheaply it seems.

Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/j...thread-985907/
Dad's Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/d...build-1474170/
OEM Fog Light Connectors, Conversions, and Extension Info:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/o...ngler-1008928/
JeepnBlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 07:19 AM   #3
poppatello
1984 CJ7 

Well I don't mind doing it the correct way if it takes a bit longer. My jeep is running now and it has the 4 banger in it so getting more inches is very appealing to me @ the moment. LOL Is the machine shop installing all those items for you for 1800 bucks? Crank, pistons, freeze plugs seals and such? Are you going with the 4.6 build specs or using your own???

Paved Roads
Quote:

Sometimes it a good idea to pull a vacuum hose before the wife rides in it--you can tell her you need a new ____ and once you get your new ____ you can reconnect the hose. :)

84 Cj 7 w/ 4-Banger, 4.5" BDS lift, 1/2 Trans Drop, Twin Stick, 32" Tire, Front Aussie Locker, No Sound System Yet, No Armor, Warn 8274 Not Installed, Webber Carb Upgrade, Luckycheese Ing. Upgrade...
Unread 09-19-2011, 07:38 AM   #4
poppatello
1984 CJ7 

Here is the specs I was eyeballing...

~ Jeep 4.2L 3.895" stroke crank
~ Jeep 4.2L 5.875" rods
~ Keith-Black Silvolite UEM-2229 +0.030" bore pistons
~ Increase piston dish volume to 30cc
8.8:1 CR
~ Crane #750501 192/204 degree camshaft
~ Ported HO 1.91"/1.50" cylinder head
~ Mill block deck 0.035"
~ Mopar Performance 0.043" head gasket
~ 0.058" quench height
~ 2.25" exhaust
~ Ford 24lb/hr injectors with stock 39psi FPR for '87-'95 engines, stock injectors with stock 49psi FPR for '96 and later engines
~ 231hp @ 4400rpm, 327lbft @ 2000rpm

Paved Roads
Quote:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.