33x12.5 on Stock CJ? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 33x12.5 on Stock CJ?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 05-09-2003, 10:23 AM   #16
Jeep Daddy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I guess you could say that CJ's are money pits. Get rid of it now if you don't think you can stand the drain. Or, slow down. You could buy the rims and tires and go cheap for now on the lift. Rims and tires will cost about $1000. Then you could get a shackle lift and body lift for about $175 if you shop around. This might affect the steering though. Shackle lifts can cause your Caster to be way off and make it difficult or impossible to keep straight on the road. Personally, I'd save my ducketts, like I already did, and get the rims, tires as a package, and the 4" lift kit all at once. Then you can regear the axles one at a time or choose not to regear for a while.

I have no vibrations at all. Lowering the xfer case eases the driveline angles and the DPA aids in steering geometery. The rear springs also come with a 4 degree wedge to help keep driveline angles correct. HTH

Look me up when you're in town. PM me and I'll give you my phone number.

Unread 05-09-2003, 10:47 AM   #17
Chad Churchill

yeah..
But what ever you do don't lower your transer case!
go to a custom drive shaft or just go get some CV joints.. Lowering the case will case you to have less ground hight and you will high center lol unless your on 38'' tires...

yeah I would say go with a 4'' and maybe a 1'' body, but if you wanna keep your power dont go to 35's unless your ganna put gears/lockers and do a upgrade on your engine... haha and that is aroung $5,000 for all of that, so stick with the saving up, unless u just have to have it now..
'84 AMC CJ7.. 4" rancho 9000 9 way+ 1'' Tow Shacks+ 1'' BD, 9,000 warn winch, 33''BFG mudd, T176,Danna 300 with Twin shifter,44 front,20rear,4.56 with locks, 258beefed, w. fuel injected!,MSD,new white paint, all new intr., and two onbord airs. Member of TMTC, member of offroadministry, and go 4x4ing all over the U.S.A.!!!
'98 TJ... 4" Teraflex with rancho 9000 9 ways. 33" all's with solid Axles and 4.56 with locks.. Hunter green and ready to go..
Chad Churchill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2003, 10:50 AM   #18
Yellow Fever

Thanks for everyone's advise. I'm going to take my time and do things right.

Yellow Fever
4:56 Gear

85 CJ7 - 6 Cyl
Currently being Restored
Yellow Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2003, 02:27 PM   #19
MR.CJ-7

You could put a set of TJ flares on it and cut the fenders to open up the wheel wells. I did this to mine and now I think it looks so much better.

Just my $.02

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.