302 into CJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 302 into CJ

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 01-13-2002, 05:37 PM   #1
Darko

302 into CJ

I found a HO 302 out of a 86 mustang complete with a chip, and headers for $500. I have a t-5 and a t-176 trans, so I wouldn't need any adapters. Anyone have a writeup on swappin in a 302, it sounds really easy. but I may be wrong. What about motor mounts, radiator, etc.

Unread 01-14-2002, 03:15 PM   #2
Darko

any help???
Unread 01-17-2002, 04:30 AM   #3
jeepster18_88

Finally, someone putting a ford motor in a jeep. I've been trying to coax my chevy friends to do this for years with no luck. (everyone with any mechanical knowledge knows ford is best) ha ha Anyways, about the motor mounts, I've seen them online before but can't remember where. Run search engines on everything related until you find what your looking for. Even look for transmission adapters, engine conversions, or anything that might find a company that sells both. Sorry I couldn't have been more help but at least you know someone makes them. In the mean time I'll keep an eye out for them.
Unread 01-17-2002, 05:32 PM   #4
Darko

Ive found them, but I just don't want to buy them if I can use two 258 mounts. The problem I'm having is figuring out how to rebuild it. I found new GT-40 heads for $300, and was told not to use them becuase they would give me more top end. What is a good way to rebuild a 302 for some low end.?
Unread 01-27-2002, 02:40 PM   #5
dirtystyle

small block chevy has been made since like 1962 i think till 2000 .... how can you say ford makes a better V-8 .... the 5.0 302 isnt even a 4 bolt main and makes higher end power and was never know for its torque ,, a buddy did 5.0 swap was great on the highway too bad he had to switch to 4.88' gears to make it useable off road

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.