302 Ford V8 EFI in '86 CJ7 and my build - Page 38 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 302 Ford V8 EFI in '86 CJ7 and my build

Old Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble Fairleads

Unread 11-25-2013, 07:52 PM   #556
esalamanca_usmc
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ROB

Thanks man, but its far from flawless.
Haha oh yeah. I know what you mean. That's how it is though- everyone comes and sees your rig and thinks god damn that is beautiful. And then when you see it because it's yours you can nitpick every little thing wrong with it even if it's the smallest detail. Haha. Nonetheless, your jeep is awesome and you did a good job

esalamanca_usmc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2013, 08:03 PM   #557
Bodawg
1984 CJ7 

Recently subscribed to your thread. I'm in the middle of the same build, except mine has been a 3 year deal...and counting!! I'll probably be hitting you up for info. Looks great!
Bodawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2013, 09:28 PM   #558
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodawg View Post
Recently subscribed to your thread. I'm in the middle of the same build, except mine has been a 3 year deal...and counting!! I'll probably be hitting you up for info. Looks great!
Thanks man, if you have the money, pick up some aluminum heads and maybe a cam with good low end torque. If I did it again, I'd atleast get some GT40 heads or aluminum heads. My brother just put Trickflow heads and a hotter cam in his Mustang..much more power. Let me know if I can help you out with whatever. Any pics of your rig?

CJ7ROB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2013, 03:18 PM   #559
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Finally got the hardtop on. Eventually I want it to paint it spice color or honey to match the interior.

Unread 12-01-2013, 05:30 PM   #560
83vert
1982 CJ7 

Looking good
Unread 12-03-2013, 07:55 PM   #561
Bodawg
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ROB
Thanks man, if you have the money, pick up some aluminum heads and maybe a cam with good low end torque. If I did it again, I'd atleast get some GT40 heads or aluminum heads. My brother just put Trickflow heads and a hotter cam in his Mustang..much more power. Let me know if I can help you out with whatever. Any pics of your rig?
I will probably wait on motor work. I still have a lot of other stuff I still need to buy...unless I come across a good deal! It's a titled 84, with a YJ tub that I modded on my CJ tailgate and moved the gas filler to the right side. I also used YJ front fenders that I added TJ flares. Family roll bar that I added a full front section to. Finishing paint now (boxwood green- an old ford color) with matching Raptor liner inside and bottom of tub. Now I have to rebuild my dana300 and start putting everything back together.
image-1947586486.jpg

Bodawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #562
ivansdad
1977 CJ7 

Hey CJ7rob, looks like you had a couple different sets of headers on your Jeep, i have a 1977 Jeep CJ7 with a Ford 302 V8. need something that will work to replace mine, broke a motor and the header's took all the weight and cracked...thanks
ivansdad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #563
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansdad View Post
Hey CJ7rob, looks like you had a couple different sets of headers on your Jeep, i have a 1977 Jeep CJ7 with a Ford 302 V8. need something that will work to replace mine, broke a motor and the header's took all the weight and cracked...thanks
Yea I ended up with a pair of Hedman truck shortys. Sorry but I don't have a part# for them. Summit & Jegs carry them though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.