302 Ford V8 EFI in '86 CJ7 and my build - Page 33 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 302 Ford V8 EFI in '86 CJ7 and my build

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #481
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonfastws6 View Post
Rob you're jeep looks awesome I love the Color. You're Jeep is going to be so nice you're not going to want to take it down the trails. Keep up the good work.
Thanks man, your probably right. I'll just have to wait a while before I hit any trails. I saw your vid, yours sounds good. Glad you had the chance to drive it.

Got the rear flares on

I need 3 more of these little plastic nut things that hold the flares on. Anyone have any extras laying around? I can send $$ thru paypal, thx.

CJ7ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 07:11 PM   #482
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Got a few things in the mail..need to find the "CJ" emblem I have somewhere that goes with this one.

Unread 07-18-2013, 06:58 PM   #483
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Got a used washer bottle and a used overflow tank from a couple JF members here. Just have to hook up the washer hose to the nozzles.

Also got some 4 wheel disc brakes and 5 lug bullitt wheel conversion on my brother's Stang.

Unread 07-18-2013, 07:27 PM   #484
holliewood61
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ROB View Post
Got a used washer bottle and a used overflow tank from a couple JF members here. Just have to hook up the washer hose to the nozzles.

I'm glad to see my washer jug went to a good home. You need anything else give me a shout
60 CJ5 tore down
holliewood61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #485
mvbrady
1986 CJ7 

Awesome progress!
I wish I has some left over flare pieces...I would send you the plastic pieces.
That BBK intake - I have read where a lot of guys have had sealing problems and that its designed to add more power in the upper RPM,
It's an expensive part...if it were me I would sell it and get a Explorer GT 40 /Cobra/Edelbrock Performer and add some better heads.... or trade it for a Tubular GT 40 out of a Lightening....(how cool would that look)
mvbrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 06:58 AM   #486
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliewood61 View Post
I'm glad to see my washer jug went to a good home. You need anything else give me a shout
Thanks Ben, you guys have been a big help with all the little odds and ends needed. I got the overflow bottle from Keith460.
Unread 07-19-2013, 07:00 AM   #487
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliewood61 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvbrady View Post
Awesome progress!
I wish I has some left over flare pieces...I would send you the plastic pieces.
That BBK intake - I have read where a lot of guys have had sealing problems and that its designed to add more power in the upper RPM,
It's an expensive part...if it were me I would sell it and get a Explorer GT 40 /Cobra/Edelbrock Performer and add some better heads.... or trade it for a Tubular GT 40 out of a Lightening....(how cool would that look)
Thanks yea my brother got that intake for his Stang but I don't think he's going to use it b/c of those fuel leak issues. He already has a Cobra intake with GT40 heads. I agree the GT40 Lightning intake would look awesome.
Unread 07-19-2013, 08:01 PM   #488
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Drove it up and down driveway. Clutch feels good in all gears, power steering a little whiny, gotta check fluid again but it works good. Brakes are still spongy, need some more bleeding. This Jeep hasn't moved under its own power in almost 2yrs. I can't believe how much louder and ballsy it sounds compared to my old 258.

Unread 07-19-2013, 11:09 PM   #489
Spieg8
1984 CJ8 

Quote:
power steering a little whiny, gotta check fluid again but it works good.
Welcome to the world of Ford power steering pumps (ear plugs are available at the door). I put up with that noise for 10 years (new pumps last 6 months if your lucky before they start to whine). They're just not upto the forces that big tires and CJ steering require. I finally got tired of people giving me the stink-eye in parking lots so I swapped in a Saginaw pump. Here is the mounting bracket I used for the conversion;
http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product...w_pump_bracket
Spieg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #490
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spieg8 View Post
Welcome to the world of Ford power steering pumps (ear plugs are available at the door). I put up with that noise for 10 years (new pumps last 6 months if your lucky before they start to whine). They're just not upto the forces that big tires and CJ steering require. I finally got tired of people giving me the stink-eye in parking lots so I swapped in a Saginaw pump. Here is the mounting bracket I used for the conversion;
http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product...w_pump_bracket
Thanks for the info and link. Did you have to buy their pump too or can you use any Saginaw pump with a serpentine pulley?
Unread 07-21-2013, 06:54 PM   #491
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Just about wrapping up the paint work. Still need to do the other door, but I want to keep it together so I know how to assemble this one.

Unread 07-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #492
S76
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spieg8 View Post
Thanks. This is perfect.

Jeep looks fantastic Rob.

Oh by the way, my son has that 347 running in his Mustang. Much faster than my little 302.
Unread 07-21-2013, 11:10 PM   #493
Spieg8
1984 CJ8 

Quote:
Thanks for the info and link. Did you have to buy their pump too or can you use any Saginaw pump with a serpentine pulley?
Most any Sag pump from a truck will work, just make sure the reservoir is clocked as far toward the driver side as possible. I used a rebuilt pump for a 91 Blazer 350 (Cardone Part # 20-7940F)and a new serpentine pulley (Dorman Part # 300-020). Way cheaper than buying new pump from WH (and a lifetime warranty).
Unread 07-21-2013, 11:31 PM   #494
mvbrady
1986 CJ7 

Here's another way to add a Saginaw pump...if you decide to go that route,
http://www.wt4x4.net/tech/saginawswap.htm
mvbrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 01:15 AM   #495
Spieg8
1984 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvbrady View Post
Here's another way to add a Saginaw pump...if you decide to go that route,
http://www.wt4x4.net/tech/saginawswap.htm
I chased that unicorn for a while and gave up. The bracket is no longer available from Ford, and I looked for one in the salvage yard but was never able to find one (saw dozens with the A/C mount, but none without).
Maybe easier to find in other parts of the country... Also, not entirely sure this will work with the pulley system for a Mustang motor (as I understand it, the belt to engine spacing is different on a Mustang than on other Ford 5.0 motors).

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.