3-speed shifter knob - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 3-speed shifter knob

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 01-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #16
jeepdriver54
1978 CJ7 

The original for older CJs was blank, 3 speed was the norm in the '70s. buy a blank one and send to a laser engraving company. a little white paint and done.

Unread 01-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #17
har99
1979 CJ7 

Just thought I'd share my shifters. Believe it or not same Jeep old picture, and rebuilt picture. The new shifter knob is a Jegs pistol grip shifter and is quite nice and comfortable, just a bit of a knuckle buster with a T-18 granny low gear! Im sure the old picture will get some laughs with the optional gas tank in the passenger seat!
old.jpg   shifter-old.jpg   shifter-new.jpg  
har99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #18
jeepdriver54
1978 CJ7 

Threads are 5/16-24
Unread 01-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #19
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

After watching the shop guy at the tire shop throw my Jeep into gear and promptly backing up instead of heading into the bay, I've kind of thought of it as an anti theft device if it's not marked!

Phoenix Rising- A Flame Off Restoration? http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ph...ation-1807257/
WindKnot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #20
Firemandan
1979 CJ7 

Try www.hotrodshiftknob.com They have a good selection and they can do custom stuff also.
Firemandan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 10:15 PM   #21
Bandyman
1974 CJ5 

I too need a shift knob for my 74 cj5 renegade for both transfer case and transmission. Also what is the shift pattern on the transfer case? It feels like H up N in the middle and L down. This does not make since to me as I thought it had a 2H and a 4H. I have manual locking hubs and my grandfather (I got the Jeep from) says it is due to the manual hubs it only needs to settings. But this does not make since to me. Can some one fill me in? Did this year have only two settings which would be like an early AWD.
Bandyman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2013, 05:14 PM   #22
Darrenrussell

If you have access to a lathe you can do what I just did and that is I took three fairly large bolts cut the threaded section off the bolts drilled and tapped to fit then tapered the shank down to match the shifter shaft size then had parkerized a black but any type of plating or powder coating will work
Darrenrussell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.