3 core radiator price? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 3 core radiator price?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 01-02-2006, 09:02 PM   #1
doostdyk

3 core radiator price?

Where's the best place to buy a 3 core radiator for a 1979 CJ7 with a 304? I run too hot in the summer and too hot in winter with the plow mounted. I can google and find them around $150 but I am unsure of the quality. Any sugguestions?
Dave in WI

doostdyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2006, 09:12 PM   #2
doostdyk

I forgot to mention that my 79 with 304 has the quadratrac automatic. I am also missing the fan shroud so I was thinking about picking one of those up too right away. Thanks again for any suggestions.
-Dave
doostdyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2006, 09:36 PM   #3
John C

I bought mine frome radiator barn (they are o the internet) five years ago. I do not overheat and it gets mighty hot here in the South.
BLUE JEEP CLUB MEMBER #156
84' Caribean Blue Laredo w/ black leather interior
Frame off restore 6 years ago
7 inch lift w/ 34" TRXUS MT
DANA 44 front Solid axle converted Model 20 rear
AMC 360 / T-400 / Model 300 transfer case
SOLD
but never forgotten

Quote:
If I can't hunt it, fish it, f**k it, or wheel it, I might not be that intrested in it
John C is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2006, 11:33 PM   #4
ChiliPepperTJ

i got mine from a local parts store for about $155. That was the best price I found. Its a 3 core for a v8 or I6 I don't know if it has the attachments for the trans fluid though. $150 seems to be a good price for what you are looking for.
Kevin
84 CJ-7 Renegade- 258,GM TBI w/ ESC, HEI, T-5, D300, D30, AMC 20 w/ trac loc and superior shafts, 2.5" BDS lift, 1" daystar BL, MORE shackles, Tie rod flip, 33" Swamper SSR's, Full cage, OBA, A to Z rocker guards, A to Z rear cage, Warn 9.5ti, Taurus fan, Herc'd tub, LED tail lights, Hand throttle, Hella Fogs, Hella headlight conversion, more to come...

02 WJ Limited, 4.7 H.O., RB1 Nav, DD and toddler hauler

Checkout my Junkyard TBI writeup: http://www.bustedjeep.com/projects/junkyardtbi.asp
ChiliPepperTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2006, 09:59 AM   #5
Aphelion79

Definitely get that shroud though! Otherwise your fan will just bat air around in the engine compartment... the shroud makes sure it sucks it past the radiator only...
Dana 30 Front | AMC 20 Rear
Aphelion79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.