258 motor mount brackets - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 258 motor mount brackets

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChBestop underseat lock boxes @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!

Unread 10-09-2006, 12:37 PM   #1
AMC Power
1986 CJ7 

258 motor mount brackets

Does anyone know what the torque specifications are for the bolts that hold the motor mount brackets to the engine? I also need the torque specifications for the bolts that hold the brackets to the frame. This is for the AMC 258. Thanks

AMC Power is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2006, 07:46 AM   #2
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

When I did mine, I simply tightened them down. I've been running almost 2 years...no issues.
Unread 10-10-2006, 11:51 AM   #3
hfjeff
1995 YJ Wrangler 

As a friend of mine used to put it "stop 1/4 turn before she strips". I have an OEM service manual at home but I don't know if it will list that spec. I just tightened them down and haven't had any issues. It's a good practice for CJ owners to go around and check/tighten everything once a year or so. Kind of like the old Harley's of the seventies.
MY DAD's: 1978 CJ7/ AMC 360 .030" over/ Motorcraft 2100/ Edelbrock Performer/ Proform HEI Ignition/ Hedman Headers with dual Flowmaster 40's/ Taurus Fan/ FK-35 Control/ Painless Harness/ Rebuilt T150 & Dana 20/ 4" Lift/ 31" Procomp Mud Terrains/ All Fiberglass. (SOLD)
MY BROTHER's: 1996 ZJ Limited/5.2L/117K & Completely Stock.(SOLD)
hfjeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.