258 intake manifold - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 258 intake manifold

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still AvailableCurrie Currectlync Steering Upgrade Kits and Currie Anti-R

Unread 05-10-2010, 07:39 PM   #1
lowcountryheel
1976 CJ5 

258 intake manifold

i am the proud new owner of a 1976 cj5. i replaced the stock distributer with a crt hei which has made a big difference. have a 2 bbl weber that i would like to install as well but was concerned about using the adapter. then i found a leak in the intake manifold so i have put off the job. wouldn't it make sense to put on a 2bbl intake? where can you find these? any advice would be much appreciated!

lowcountryheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2010, 07:43 PM   #2
crzdmnky
1977 CJ5 

You can buy them new at various online jeep vendors, I do believe quadratec has them. They run from like $109 and up. Or you can check Craigslist, you might beable to pick up a whole engine for $100 bucks, would be good for spare parts. Just a thought, I did this, and the one I picked up ended up being a freshly rebuilt 258, with fresh paint on it, and it runs like a top, installed it in my jeep a week later. Still running and almost 2k miles on it, best $100 investment for my jeep so far.
crzdmnky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
258 , intake , weber

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.