258 intake manifold - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 258 intake manifold

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 05-10-2010, 08:39 PM   #1
lowcountryheel
1976 CJ5 

258 intake manifold

i am the proud new owner of a 1976 cj5. i replaced the stock distributer with a crt hei which has made a big difference. have a 2 bbl weber that i would like to install as well but was concerned about using the adapter. then i found a leak in the intake manifold so i have put off the job. wouldn't it make sense to put on a 2bbl intake? where can you find these? any advice would be much appreciated!

lowcountryheel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2010, 08:43 PM   #2
crzdmnky
1977 CJ5 

You can buy them new at various online jeep vendors, I do believe quadratec has them. They run from like $109 and up. Or you can check Craigslist, you might beable to pick up a whole engine for $100 bucks, would be good for spare parts. Just a thought, I did this, and the one I picked up ended up being a freshly rebuilt 258, with fresh paint on it, and it runs like a top, installed it in my jeep a week later. Still running and almost 2k miles on it, best $100 investment for my jeep so far.
crzdmnky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
258 , intake , weber

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.