258 head rebuild questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 258 head rebuild questions

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 03-24-2012, 11:16 PM   #1
David2012
1985 CJ7 

258 head rebuild questions

im getting a 258 in a few days that has been sitting for something like 8 years and im wondering what kind of work i should expect. Im not trying to completely rebuild the engine if i dont have to. What should i look for in the head? is "rebuilding" the head the best bet or is buying a refurbished one like these http://www.rebuilt-jeep-engines.com/...der-heads.html better? If i only "rebuild" the top will it cause problems in the bottom end from uneven wear? I know there are many posts out there about this stuff but thats the problem. There are so many and too many of them are all about total rebuilds. So any advice would be greatly appreciated. Keep in mind ive never even seen the inside of an engine personally (friend of mine is helping with a little more expertise but id like to get some knowledge of my own on the topic).

~Thank you,
David

Tags
258 , amc , cj7

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.