258 exhaust manifold question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 258 exhaust manifold question

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRoad Race Motorsports Stage 2 Power Pack

Unread 08-31-2008, 07:15 PM   #1
spike31460
1999 TJ Wrangler 

258 exhaust manifold question

Will a header from a Chevy 250 I6 bolt up to the 258? Thanks

spike31460 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2008, 08:10 PM   #2
DirtEater
1982 CJ7 

I doubt it. The Borla header is a nice fit.
33" Toyo M/T's on Pro Comp Xtreme Series 1069
Borla header and Catback Exhaust System
Jeeperman bumper w/ Ramsey Patriot 8000 - Jeeperman tire carrier/bumper
DirtEater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2008, 09:47 PM   #3
petey156
1977 CJ5 

i think chevy exhaust is on the passanger side
petey156 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2008, 10:43 PM   #4
Fjguercio
Web Wheeler
1978 CJ7 

the two barrel intake and exhaust off amc eagle, concord, so forth are all over the junk yards. I pulled the intake, exhaust, 2 barrel carb off the AMC for $35. Keep the monifold bolts off the AMC Car. New 80's manifold flange is 1/2" and your cast iron OEM manifolds hace 1" flanges so new bolts much shorter. Intake from 1980 or 1981 TARGET Year will not have a computer controled carb but excellent design. I found one 1980 but was Calf Car so had the pin feed back computer hook up.

This will make your jeep run better esp is you have single barrel set up, take off 40# of cast iron off your cj, and bolt right on and hook up to your 1976. Buy the gaskets for the 1981 because you need special materials to handle aluminum intake with cast iron head. I had a single barrel carb & intake so this was a great upgrade for me. I did not look at your profile about single dual carb.

Aluminu intake has water jacket heating and more uniform and has electric disk heater under the carb adn I have a post on how to hook that up with the Jeep Manifold Coolant Switch and a relay. Works well.

I have the Borla and like it but Borla told me would not fit on the 1970 CJ's but it does. I tried to get them to change their literature adn web site. Sent them may pics. Ihave the whole system and fits the CJ7, Cj5 is smaller and would need modification. May also need mod to bracket if you have power steering to clear the #1 exhaust. Borla header is $470 range, . Pacesetter and 1-2 others only option for headers. All big buck unless you find used.

The 4.0 headers are much less expensive but the 4.0 4.2 are not interchangable.
Fjguercio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.