232 Mated to SM465 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 232 Mated to SM465

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-15-2010, 02:56 PM   #1
UzbekJeep
1975 CJ5 

232 Mated to SM465

My PO did a great job in converting the 232 in my 1975 CJ5 to mate to a SM465 and a Dana 300, but he didnt install a flywheel cover. I literally have everything in there and working fine, but no bottom pan. So im feeling a little exposed here, and im wondering if theres anything that would bolt right up to my mutated little engine baby.

Looks like this: (not mine)

notice how the important parts are exposed?
http://www.warloch.com/images/BH%20S...2018%20005.jpg

Thanks in advance!

http://www.youtube.com/user/soccernasafi
UzbekJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2010, 03:11 PM   #2
JeepinYahoo
1977 CJ5 

I have the same issue on a Scout I bought, although my SM465 has the stock bellhousing so putting the cover on was easy. However I think it was driven like that for 35 years without an issue. If you don't do any mudding it probably wont cause a problem.

I would contact the manufacturer of the adapter and ask them if they make a cover for it or if they recommend any solutions. Any company who makes a fancy adapter like this one should have an answer for you. If it was made by a reputable company I am sure there will be markings on it letting you know who made it. My advance adapter says AA on it.

From looking at the pic, I would think about carefully drilling and tapping the bellhousing to fit either a stock cover or a fabbed cover.

Last edited by JeepinYahoo; 07-15-2010 at 06:10 PM..
JeepinYahoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2010, 06:04 PM   #3
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

My CJ5 is the same way.. open. Ditto on the mud. If I do drive in mud, I try to refrain from disengaging the clutch while it's submerged.

I know you mentioned that pic isn't of your Jeep but I thought that was a pretty slick hydraulic clutch "slave cylinder mount" in the pic.. had to file that one in the memory bank for future use..

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2010, 06:53 PM   #4
UzbekJeep
1975 CJ5 

Thanks for the quick responses guys. Yeah I still have to take a close look to find out who made the adapter. Im thinking Novak, but as of now, I don't have a clue.
The problem is that I AM planning on mudding (showing up rich kids in lifted P/Us always feels good ) so I'd like to be confident that there is no chance I might break my clutch while getting dirty.
Could I just fab up something out of sheet metal or something? Or is that a no-no? Excuse my teenage noobiness.
Yeah, thats a really nice jeep that guy has. I wonder if hes on this forum?
http://www.youtube.com/user/soccernasafi
UzbekJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
chevy , cj5 , transmission

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.