232 Mated to SM465 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 232 Mated to SM465

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 07-15-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
UzbekJeep
1975 CJ5 

232 Mated to SM465

My PO did a great job in converting the 232 in my 1975 CJ5 to mate to a SM465 and a Dana 300, but he didnt install a flywheel cover. I literally have everything in there and working fine, but no bottom pan. So im feeling a little exposed here, and im wondering if theres anything that would bolt right up to my mutated little engine baby.

Looks like this: (not mine)

notice how the important parts are exposed?
http://www.warloch.com/images/BH%20S...2018%20005.jpg

Thanks in advance!

http://www.youtube.com/user/soccernasafi
UzbekJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 02:11 PM   #2
JeepinYahoo
1977 CJ5 

I have the same issue on a Scout I bought, although my SM465 has the stock bellhousing so putting the cover on was easy. However I think it was driven like that for 35 years without an issue. If you don't do any mudding it probably wont cause a problem.

I would contact the manufacturer of the adapter and ask them if they make a cover for it or if they recommend any solutions. Any company who makes a fancy adapter like this one should have an answer for you. If it was made by a reputable company I am sure there will be markings on it letting you know who made it. My advance adapter says AA on it.

From looking at the pic, I would think about carefully drilling and tapping the bellhousing to fit either a stock cover or a fabbed cover.

Last edited by JeepinYahoo; 07-15-2010 at 05:10 PM..
JeepinYahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 05:04 PM   #3
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

My CJ5 is the same way.. open. Ditto on the mud. If I do drive in mud, I try to refrain from disengaging the clutch while it's submerged.

I know you mentioned that pic isn't of your Jeep but I thought that was a pretty slick hydraulic clutch "slave cylinder mount" in the pic.. had to file that one in the memory bank for future use..

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 05:53 PM   #4
UzbekJeep
1975 CJ5 

Thanks for the quick responses guys. Yeah I still have to take a close look to find out who made the adapter. Im thinking Novak, but as of now, I don't have a clue.
The problem is that I AM planning on mudding (showing up rich kids in lifted P/Us always feels good ) so I'd like to be confident that there is no chance I might break my clutch while getting dirty.
Could I just fab up something out of sheet metal or something? Or is that a no-no? Excuse my teenage noobiness.
Yeah, thats a really nice jeep that guy has. I wonder if hes on this forum?
http://www.youtube.com/user/soccernasafi
UzbekJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chevy , cj5 , transmission

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.