232 Cj5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 232 Cj5

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 02-26-2013, 11:23 PM   #1
Jonnathan03
1974 CJ5 

232 Cj5

Hows it going im new to this forum. i have a 74 cj5 with a straight six 232 single b carb. i wanted to see whats a good upgrade to my carb system or if i can put a Two b carb (swapping intakes) or is there some type of fuel injection system i can save up for. and i want to rewire my jeep any recommendations its all falling apart and i dont want it to flame up. thanks i got a long way to go with this jeep so all help is appreciated.
need
-seats and brackets
-rewiring
-tires soon
-gauges
-engine tune up
-valve adjusment
and counting thanks for all help

Jonnathan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 04:07 PM   #2
dslywalker
1983 CJ7 

Welcome,I'll give you a bump on this
Unread 02-27-2013, 04:49 PM   #3
adnoh
2014 JK Wrangler 

Hi Jonnathan, welcome to the best Jeep site on the net. I have a 232 in my 7, I did the "nutter bypass", and put the Motorcraft 2100 carb on works great also put a new kit in it. You will need a spacer to adapt the carb to your manifold they are cheap. Use the search button on here lots of info on both mods.
adnoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
Tigerjeep79

1979 CJ7 

If I were in your shoes, I'd do the wiring first. The Painless kit is the bee's knees, but it ain't real cheap. Although after it's finished you'll never be sorry you did it.

My old CJ5 with a 232 ran great with the one-barrel. My 258 runs a little stronger, yes, but there are a lot of reasons for that, other than the carb (more cubes, fairly recent rebuild, DUI distributor).

There's only so much performance we're going to get out of low-rev six bangers anyway, so my mods usually trend toward reliability/capability.
Tigerjeep79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.