2015 Renegade ...... Say what !?!? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 2015 Renegade ...... Say what !?!?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 03-17-2014, 02:32 PM   #31
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbscott View Post
By Specific market, I assume your referring to the yuppies, hipsters and little girls who want to "feel" like they are cool driving a "jeep".... But what they really driving is a Fiat/Kia!!!!
The same could be said about Chrysler and people who drive a wrangler, liberty, cherokee, pilot, etc. But those people don't want to believe that. Funny how what goes around comes around.
"Jeep, there's only One" isn't just a marketing slogan. It's a fact lost on so many.

Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2014, 03:02 PM   #32
Pathkiller
1974 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacjeep99 View Post
You got it. The Renegade package has evolved from a performance package to an appearance group to a badge engineered econo box based on Fiat.

I had really hoped Jeep would resurrect the Renegade name for a special edition JK like the 10A Rubicon with some performance enhancements.

Oh well.
I assume you had the same level of outrage in 2005 when the Jeep Liberty Renegade came out? What about the Jeep Renegade mountain bike? Or the Jeep Renegade baby stroller? All of which use the Jeep Renegade name.
Unread 03-17-2014, 05:16 PM   #33
chrisbscott
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathkiller
I assume you had the same level of outrage in 2005 when the Jeep Liberty Renegade came out? What about the Jeep Renegade mountain bike? Or the Jeep Renegade baby stroller? All of which use the Jeep Renegade name.
I understand all the marketing crap that goes I with strollers, bikes, etc. and what I have is less outrage and more disappointment - but by no means surprised. I just wish that they would have put that name on something a little less yuppie and a little more aggressive and meant for off-roading. Where is Lorton? -I'm up in Harrisonburg
chrisbscott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2014, 05:31 PM   #34
draperjojo
1984 CJ7 

Part Rav4, part Vega...lol yuch!!
draperjojo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2014, 05:58 PM   #35
chrisbscott
1982 CJ7 

I think my daughters pink Barbie jeep is more worthy of the Renegade decal!!!!
chrisbscott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2014, 06:05 PM   #36
IDK

I posted in the other thread, but this is what a real Renegade was. Back when it was exclusively a high-performance package that only came on a limited basis every year. This is a 72 I believe, there were only like 400 made that year.
Unread 03-18-2014, 08:26 AM   #37
turbogus
1978 CJ5 

Location: Albany~town, Oregon, Oregon my home and for 200 billion slugs
Those of us old enough to remember, Honda's passenger van the "Odyssey" was a whole 'nother vehicle back in the '70's Maybe this is a sign of the times, they're running out of names for cars, trucks, etc. I too lean towards being a purist even though mine isn't exactly a 'Renegade' with the 360 and other add ons it's approaching a similar status be it real or imagined.
turbogus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2014, 10:35 AM   #38
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

Heck I remember the Honda Odyssey, the caged atv

Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2014, 01:53 PM   #39
turbogus
1978 CJ5 

On ours, we found a 2nd hand Honda 450 or 500 we mounted up. Trouble was since the speed and power were up, we started breaking tie rods.
Unread 03-19-2014, 06:59 AM   #40
tacjeep99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathkiller
No outrage here, just disappointment based on nostalgia. Back when I first got interested in Jeeps, a Renegade was a performance option and something I dreamed of owning. By the time I bought my 78 Renegade CJ 7 it was an appearance and trim option. Slapping the Renegade name on everything since has just eroded the Renegade reputation even further.
tacjeep99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2014, 07:35 AM   #41
turbogus
1978 CJ5 

.....with the possible exception of Steppenwolf's track 'Renegade' I've always liked that one and the entire album Steppenwolf 7

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.