2010 New Year’s Resolution - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 2010 New Year’s Resolution

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 12-31-2009, 10:45 PM   #1
srlangone

2010 New Year’s Resolution

So for the next year I will be putting back together a 1983 CJ7 that I purchased for my 2003 high school graduation. When I bought it off of Ebay the owner said that he had put in close to 10k into the Jeep but since he was moving he has no place to store it include a rebuilt 258 with only 50 miles on it and a rebuilt T-4, Dana 300. So I was able to buy it for 2,750 dollars. Once I trailed it home with my 1986 Wagoneer at the time and unloaded her off it was able to fire with just a little fuel inside the carburetor. Once I had it started the next day my Father and I decided to take it apart and it hasn’t been running since. My goal is pretty simple to get the Jeep back and running for next year’s Off Camber Crawlers 2011 run on January 1st. When I was taking it apart I had plans on putting an LT1 engine and having an NV4500 but as you all know this cost money and I had very few dollar bills. Since now that I am a little older my goal is simple to put the Jeep back together and drive it especially offroad nothing really fancy thought (I just want to see how capable this jeep can be if kept mostly stock). She currently sits with a Rubicon Express 2.5 extreme lift that I had bought a few years ago and has a M.O.R.E motor mounts that also where purchased at the same time. Other then that I really haven’t done much more. I hope you enjoy as I take on this task and please provide me with some constructive feedback along the way.

This is how she looks currently

Last edited by srlangone; 01-02-2010 at 11:58 AM..
srlangone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2010, 08:51 AM   #2
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

Welcome to the forum! Looks like a great project!

I've wheeled with some of the OCC guys up at Crozet... fun crowd to wheel with! Where are you guys wheeling on that 2011 run?

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2010, 04:36 PM   #3
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

Too bad you don't live closer, I have time to kill.

Let me know if I can help with the direction of anything.
JeepHammer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2010, 11:58 AM   #4
srlangone

Once I get her back together how about we go wheeling sometime. I'm sure you know of some killer trails out where you are.
Unread 01-02-2010, 01:28 PM   #5
wendell
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Chevy engines belong in blazers, keep your 258, they can be an awesome engine. I put a holley 470 TA 4 barrel on mine with an offy intake, comp cam, 4.0 head, rollor rockers and the list goes on. This thing screams, it was a fun build and it's still all jeep. The holley TA series cars are made for off/road, it will take more angle than I care to give it. Good luck on your project, stay at it, spring is comming!!!!
wendell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2010, 12:33 PM   #6
srlangone

Today after church I went to the local hardware shop and bought a few bolts for putting the Tub onto the frame (grade 8 zinc plated). I also went to office depot to buy sheet protectors for the CJ7 service manual which to my luck were on sale for 2.00 dollars for 50 heavy duty style (part # 498-841) I think the sale is going on until Jan 9th. Since I have most of the parts to put this Jeep back together I am limiting my self and only going to spend $1,000 bucks to put it back.

Last edited by srlangone; 01-04-2010 at 02:18 PM..
Unread 01-04-2010, 02:22 PM   #7
srlangone

Week 1 & 2 (Jan 16th)

I need to reinstall the shocks and run the brake lines before I put the tub back on. This should be fairly straight forward. I will also be making an inventory of things I have and need to order. This morning I had just placed an order for Body Mounts and totally stainless washers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.