$200 to repair rusted body mount?????? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > $200 to repair rusted body mount??????

Spiderwebshade @ JeepHut.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 06-27-2002, 07:05 PM   #1
NMullens

$200 to repair rusted body mount??????

I have a rusted body mount and it has to be fixed to get inspected (so the local Exxon said) so I took it by the body shop today and the estimate was $200. Is there anything else I can do?
Nathan

Unread 06-28-2002, 07:02 AM   #2
BillR
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I did the whole set of body mounts on my CJ in a few hours, and the set was around $80.
Where's yours rusted?
Unread 06-28-2002, 09:43 AM   #3
LS1CJ5
1979 CJ5 

Forget the Body shop and take it to a Welding shop. They should be much cheaper. Or,, lets see,, Home Depot has some cool Mig welders for around that price. I bought my first one used for 100.00.
Unread 07-01-2002, 05:45 PM   #4
NMullens

LS1CJ5, that's an awesome idea. I didnt even think about that. Hey does LS1 mean LS1 engine in your CJ? Impressive. Id like to hear the other specs. Thanks too.
Nathan
Unread 07-02-2002, 01:17 PM   #5
LS1CJ5
1979 CJ5 

your welcome for the idea. That's a good way to justify all those new tools. Then your friends might pay you to weld on a bumper or body mount. Ok, specs on my CJ5, I bought a 99 Vette LS1, it's drive by wire with cruise control. AC soon to be hooked up. Custom fenderwell exit headers with chrome Hooker side pipes. Dana 44 widetrack in back and a widetrack front axle being rebuilt. It's a 1979 with the tan Levi package. I'm not sure if the original owner made it a fake Golden eagle or not, but it had gold spoke wheels, the full gauge option and the Eagle on the hood. I went with a system from Master power brakes, all new SS brake lines. Oh yes, a Clark 5sp, a 240lb 7 to 1 first gear,, rock. It's primer black at the moment. 4 months into my repower project. It snowballed. All of those "while I'm in there".

Larry
Jeep, "a place in the woods where you hide your money" and cheaper than therapy
Unread 07-02-2002, 01:31 PM   #6
LS1CJ5
1979 CJ5 

One more thing, As a Tool the welder ranks right up there with the Chain saw. It's one of those tools that you want even if you have no use for it. At Home Depot you'll always see a guy or 2 hanging around the Manly tools.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.