2 inch body lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 2 inch body lift

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955New jk doors from steinjagerOconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops and

Unread 12-12-2002, 08:01 PM   #1
crotz83

2 inch body lift

Hello everybody,

I have a couple questions....

I am looking for a 2 inch body lift for my 83 scrambler and i wanted to know if there is anyone out there that has one that they liked alot over another, or one to stay away from...pretty much which one should i buy that is most complete??

One more, i need to know everything that i will have to modify to make this all go together, hopefully in one afternoon. Everything as far as any part that will need lengthened, shortened, installed in some odd order...any tips of the install would be greatly appreciated, or just drop me a personal message if there in one of you out there with exactly what i'm lookin for and i'll work with you back and forth rather than via the forum page

Thanks alot ,

Justin

[B]83 Scrambler[/B], 33" mud terrains, NV4500, Centerforce Clutch, Dana 300, 350 ci, edelbrock 650 carb, 4" BDS springs, ss braid brake lines, currie greasable shackles, OBA-YORK-2.5gal tank, Hood lift

[B]92 YJ[/B], 35" Procomp Xtremes, SOA on stock springs, Heavy duty shackles, TJ long side shaft, JB Conversions SYE, JB4x4.com steering, 4.0l, ss braid brake lines
crotz83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2002, 08:25 PM   #2
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

Daystar makes complete kits.
Some guys fab them out of aluminum, but I don't care for that.

I've done 3 Daystar kits on CJ-7s and I'd be more than happy to give you pointers.

email me : jadams68@bellatlantic.net

Here's your first tip: buy 2 cans of PB Blaster and saturate all of the body mounts and bolts....repeat twice a day until you run out...
Unread 12-17-2002, 07:45 AM   #3
77mudder

performance

i did a performance 2 inch lift on my CJ7, replaced the body mount bushings at the same time. didn't have any problems until i tried to lower the radiator. I have installed a gear box out of an old wagoneer and since it is larger i was not able to lower the radiator. i don't run a shroud so i didn't have any problems really except for the top radiator hose. looks better in my opinon to not mess with the radiator. I think M.O.R.E. makes a good complete kit with poly bushings.

Did anybody have any problems with their steering components needing them lengthened?
Unread 12-17-2002, 04:25 PM   #4
crotz83

do new body mounts come in the kit as well?? i need to replace everything....the body mounts and i thought that a body lift would have everything included.....i want to replace all the cracked and squished rubber bushing thingys ....do these come in the kit???? any reply is very welcome,

Justin
[B]83 Scrambler[/B], 33" mud terrains, NV4500, Centerforce Clutch, Dana 300, 350 ci, edelbrock 650 carb, 4" BDS springs, ss braid brake lines, currie greasable shackles, OBA-YORK-2.5gal tank, Hood lift

[B]92 YJ[/B], 35" Procomp Xtremes, SOA on stock springs, Heavy duty shackles, TJ long side shaft, JB Conversions SYE, JB4x4.com steering, 4.0l, ss braid brake lines
crotz83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2002, 06:25 PM   #5
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

Yes, the Daystar kits come complete with new bushings, bolts, washers and bushing sleeves.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.