1986 cj7. 1 owner 4550 miles - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 1986 cj7. 1 owner 4550 miles

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread Yesterday, 11:40 AM   #1
Derby625

1986 cj7. 1 owner 4550 miles

The local fire dept I'm on is looking at Selling there 1986 cj7. It is 90% orginal. Has been painted red from black also replaced the radiator. Tire are still originals. This jeep is one owner and always kept in very good condition. There is zero rust and with only 4,550 miles. We don't know what the jeep would be worth. So I'm asking for some help on finding out what to ask for it.i know pics would help I do have some on my phone that I could send to serious people. Any Other info contact me. Thanks. We're in ohio

Derby625 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 12:39 PM   #2
CJ7Kid
1985 CJ7 

What's the trim package? (Renegade, Laredo, Base model, etc) 4 or 6 cylinder, manual or automatic? Hardtop, soft top? Dana 44 rear? The tires would be so dry rotted by now they'd be unsafe at any speed over 20 MPH.
Sounds like a good find though
CJ7Kid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 12:41 PM   #3
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

Wow, in the right market it could fetch big money. To lots of folks a bone stock Jeep is worth much more than a modified one, especially low miles and rust free like that. There was a special edition paint job stock one one up on eBay a bit ago that hit $50,000, but it didn't meet the reserve. Think that was a bit ridiculous, but hey....
Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Mike Romain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 01:25 PM   #4
LumpyGrits
1985 CJ7 

Pictures-PLEASE!
LG
Unread Yesterday, 01:26 PM   #5
Mr. Boh
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumpyGrits View Post
Pictures-PLEASE!
LG
x2!
Mr. Boh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 02:25 PM   #6
Derby625

So it's a manual, 6 cylinder standard trim package.. And I'm telling you the tires are not dry rotted.. It's lived inside a heated building with no direct sun light. Also there are not doors or a top no one remembers there being any when it was bought new. The dealer might of kept them because the dept did not need them.If you want pics email me and I'll Send them to you thanks. Do you guys think with out seeing pics it would go for 35,000 to 40,000?
Unread Yesterday, 02:57 PM   #7
weapon
1983 CJ7 

I would say that would be high. More like 15-25k.

Now if the jeep was original paint, then I would bump that up to what you are thinking.
weapon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 03:10 PM   #8
Mr. Boh
1986 CJ7 

The last original low mileage 86 on here sold for $16,000. That was a base model, 4 cyl, with original paint with hard to find factory accessories like the SE brush guard.

Since yours is a respray, that definitely detracts from the value. Also, condition of the interior and what other original components (besides the top) may be missing.

Oh and those ridiculously high bids on that other Jeep mentioned above was for a rare Super Jeep.
Mr. Boh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 04:16 PM   #9
Derby625

Ok so do you think I should just list it on eBay? Or where else could I attract people that are looking for this kind of jeep? I need to get this thing out there so people can see it. Just trying to figure out what's my best options.
Unread Yesterday, 04:36 PM   #10
teedubbaya

1983 CJ7 

I second what LG said. Pictures please...you're killing some of us with the emailing pictures to "serious" people bit. We're all serious around here! No way I'm going to buy it, but at least let us see this beauty!
Unread Yesterday, 04:43 PM   #11
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Ebay, or a really big classic car auction will bring the most money. A local guy had 2-3 low mileage 60-70's CJ's and he wanted $15,000 or so for one. A clean, rust free, low mileage CJ is a rare find.

Collins Brother Jeep has a low mileage 82 CJ-7 and the are asking $30,000.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 04:51 PM   #12
John N
1981 CJ8 

What fire department equipment has been installed that will be left on it or removed leaving holes?
John N is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 04:52 PM   #13
Derby625

Ok thanks. I emailed Dennis and I'm waiting on a reply.
Unread Yesterday, 04:54 PM   #14
Derby625

John n,
We'll it would stay but it's would be easier to talk then type. I'm going to try and get pics up here tomorrow..
Unread Yesterday, 06:37 PM   #15
RWC

Quote:
Originally Posted by John N View Post
What fire department equipment has been installed that will be left on it or removed leaving holes?
^^ This. ^^

Obviously any ultra-low-mileage CJ is going to increase the value, particularly rust-free and well maintained. But "90% original" is in the eye of the beholder. A base-model CJ could be ordered without a top or doors, or a back-seat. I can't imagine a government agency, intending to modify the Jeep as soon as it took delivery, would want/need any of the trim packages. This one already doesn't have original paint, and will probably have been set up to fight brush fires, in addition to having all the typical fire department diamond plate screwed on everywhere, holes drilled for lights, wires run for communications, bumpers changed for practicality, tailgate removed, etc. "Original tires" (and rims?) may also be original for the fire department rather than OEM equipped. Pics will obviously answer all these questions, and a former fire Jeep has some cool-factor in and of itself. But I don't know that I'd start tossing around eBay or Barrett-Jackson record-setting numbers for any typical fire department CJ.
RWC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.