1985 "Special Edition" CJ7 Restoration Build Thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 1985 "Special Edition" CJ7 Restoration Build Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 02-10-2010, 10:11 AM   #16
elliottferrell
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hoss, yes unfortunately it is. my aunt did it no favors leaving it in the barn for all those years. surprisingly the zeibart sticker was still in the window 20 years later. wonder what happened there. lol

97 TJ Sport - header, mpbr exhaust, throttle body, arb snorkel, 4 inch rouch country lift, 35 x 12.5 AT's, sye, tom woods, hand throttle, warn xd9000i, front and rear bumpers with air, 12v cooler + beer

85 cj7 special edition - 4.2, t-176, dana 300, the rest is in boxes.
elliottferrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2010, 12:06 PM   #17
thomask
1985 CJ7 

Any updates happening?

"Hey wave at a classic JEEP owner and make a new JEEP friend"
thomask is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2010, 12:16 PM   #18
jakemary
1977 CJ7 

cool storie keep digging into it. good luck it will take time.
jakemary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2010, 03:43 PM   #19
wertyu78
1986 CJ7 

Updates!!
Unread 09-11-2010, 04:57 PM   #20
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Great piece of history. IN!

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" —Samuel Adams

Clay's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cl...hread-1061897/
Scott's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sc...5-cj7-1147913/
Fallon (and Dad) Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/f...-okee-1445206/
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2010, 11:05 AM   #21
BigRedCornhead

Holy crap back up a second someone in your family has AMC AMX's! Dude that so reminds me of my family we are AMC people. Dad got his first AMX back in 1968 and we have AMC's ever since, a couple Grand Wagoneers AMX's, Matadors, and it was just a natural progression i bought my first 79 CJ7. Loved your story and its just good to see other Amc people out there.
BigRedCornhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2010, 10:03 AM   #22
elliottferrell
1997 TJ Wrangler 

wow i haven't been on here in quite a while. with school just starting and working 60 plus hours a week all summer the jeep hasn't seen much action. I"m still in search of a good tub for the jeep. the 81 tub i have is in good shape but i dont want to try to convert the door brackets. if anybody out there can help me find a tub. my project would come together much much faster. haha

97 TJ Sport - header, mpbr exhaust, throttle body, arb snorkel, 4 inch rouch country lift, 35 x 12.5 AT's, sye, tom woods, hand throttle, warn xd9000i, front and rear bumpers with air, 12v cooler + beer

Unread 09-13-2010, 11:44 AM   #23
Eaglekeeper
1986 CJ7 

Cool story to go with your build. Pulling up a virtual chair...

A ton more pics here.
[URL="http://s1038.photobucket.com/albums/a462/E9Eaglekeeper/"]http://s1038.photobucket.com/albums/a462/E9Eaglekeeper/[/URL]
Eaglekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2010, 11:59 AM   #24
RobsCrawlin7
no balls

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliottferrell View Post
wow i haven't been on here in quite a while. with school just starting and working 60 plus hours a week all summer the jeep hasn't seen much action. I"m still in search of a good tub for the jeep. the 81 tub i have is in good shape but i dont want to try to convert the door brackets. if anybody out there can help me find a tub. my project would come together much much faster. haha
you can alwasy go with a yj tub, thats what i did. they are almost a direct swap. and they are MUCH more common than cj tubs
'79 CJ7 stock, 304

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_304_cj7 View Post
I used Marvel once before I took my Jeep out on the trails. I didn't get stuck all weekend so I guess it works.
SSG David Mejias, SSG Eric Vick, SGT William Bowling, SGT Robert McDowell
1 April 2007
Rest In Peace Brothers
RobsCrawlin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2010, 03:08 PM   #25
thomask
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliottferrell View Post

How about getting the chassis going, use that new miller syncrowave you have, you might just happen upon a good used JEEP tub off the JF by posting more pictures of your rebuild.

We know you know what your doing but we are not sure we know what to do.

Welcome back Elliot, we were concerned.

Unread 09-15-2010, 11:56 AM   #26
elliottferrell
1997 TJ Wrangler 

bigred. those would be my amc's in the back. yet another story for ya. bought the burnt orange 69 amx as a father son project with my dad and i with my graduation money. he had one in highschool and we're gonna make a dooms day machine. its now packed away along with the 68 javelin behind it and also 2 or 3 other cars i've been hording. Good idea for everybody to keep in mind. Its cheaper to hunt for the parts you need in your own back yard as compared to hunting for the parts half way across the state.

Unread 09-15-2010, 12:40 PM   #27
thomask
1985 CJ7 

I remember the first Javelin I saw. It was at the county fair. Brings back memories.

Unread 09-15-2010, 02:36 PM   #28
elliottferrell
1997 TJ Wrangler 

first javelin we had was a 71 304 automatic. sst model. hadn't moved in years. brought it home poured some gas down the carb and it fired right up. needless to say we trashed the tranny doing burn outs on the road about an hour later. o well. memories i would never give up

Unread 09-15-2010, 10:09 PM   #29
BigRedCornhead

its great to see other AMC enthusiasts. we have 2 complete AMX and 2 in various stages of com
BigRedCornhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2010, 05:26 PM   #30
elliottferrell
1997 TJ Wrangler 

so its been a few months since i've posted anything. i got hot and heavy to find a toy to drive around. there was a kid a town over with a 97 tj. hadn't ran in a few years and i knew it had to be an easy fix. rest assured i will never get away from my cj. but a little toy to pre-occupy my time can't hurt. with winter coming it might be a little fun to have something more than the cadillac to drive to school.
well here it is.
97 tj 2.5 5 speed 112,000 miles. rust free. 4 inch short arm lift. 34 inch tires

the soft top is trashed but i ordered a new one last week. ended up having a wire melted over the back of the valve cover. easy fix and it runs like a top. changed all the fluids and back on the road.

i've been taking parts to school every week and tearing away on my cj stuff. with living in a house 5 other guys we dont exactly have tons of space to lay out cj parts. i'll have to take a few photos. i sanded down the dash and some other parts. going to go through the heater assembly this week. if i do 1-2 items a week i might just have something together by x-mas. this has been a long build and i've honestly spent more time reading other projects than i have on my own. dont worry though. it'll all come together.
keep in touch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.