1985 CJ7 named Bentsom - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 1985 CJ7 named Bentsom

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
LockedupXJ
1986 CJ7 

1985 CJ7 named Bentsom

This project wont be truly started for another few months but i thought i would go ahead and start the build thread.

This project came about through some trading i had done, after selling off everything else i had traded we still had this left and we had broke even so the jeep turned out to be basically free. My girlfriend and i had been looking for a project to restore together for awhile and she had fallen in love with this jeep the day i brought it home so she claimed it and we decided to make this our project.

The jeep got its name when we got it home and hung the front sheet metal this is what it looked like

Its hard to tell in the picture but the whole front of the jeep is bent up about 2" I didn't see that when i had done the trading but no big deal its free

Here are the bends in the frame after closer inspection.

We tore it down to the frame so it was easier to pull the motor and drive train out later.

The plans for the build are as follows,

4.8 Vortec or keep the original 258 depending on how it looks upon further tear down
Keep the T-176 just rebuild
Keep D300 just rebuild
Keep AMC 20 and D30

Here are a few more pictures of it

This jeep will be another in an ever growing fleet of jeeps we own, here's some pictures of the others

LockedupXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.