1985 CJ7 Carb change out - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 1985 CJ7 Carb change out

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #1
sparkz
1985 CJ7 

1985 CJ7 Carb change out

Have a stock 2bl carb on my inline 6 for my CJ7. Looking to switch it out for an offroad carb and looking for suggestions. Should I switch out intake to move to a 4bl. Is it worth it?
Recommend Holley, Weber, etc. Want to get it back to the basics. Too many sensors and vacuum line all over the stock stuff.
Looking forward to feedback.

sparkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 08:54 PM   #2
rplivin
1985 CJ7 

For what it would cost to do the 4bl swap you can get the rebuilt motor craft carb or just go with the weber kit. I have the Weber and am happy with it. Before I did the 4bl I would save the money and go with fuel inj. Good luck
rplivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
Hawk4097
1986 CJ7 

There is no need to go four bbl. there plenty of two bbl that will provide enough gas to perk up your engine. I have the Holley street avenger in mine and jetted it down to be reasonable for the I6. I also was able to tear out the computer and its wiring harness and all the vacuum lines as well as the charcoal canister etc. But I also did the HEI ignition upgrade so just be careful witch wires you tear out. be sure you don't need them.
Hawk4097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #4
capt205
1983 CJ7 

I ditched the Carter carb and stock ignition...cleaned up the wiring, and put on the MC2150 from the eBay guy, and a DUI distributor. I went the easy way...but not cheap.

Now that I have it dialed in pretty good...I'm very happy with my decision to go that route.
capt205 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.