1984 CJ 7 Lighting Issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 1984 CJ 7 Lighting Issues

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-15-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
P00hs84Cj7
1984 CJ7 

1984 CJ 7 Lighting Issues

I'm working on dialing in all of my lights, the following lights work,both headlights, the dimmer switch, both taillights, both reverse lights, passenger rear signal, passenger front side signal, passenger front signal, both front parking lights. The following lights do not work, both brake lights, both rear side marker lights, driver side rear signal, the driver side signal stays on but very dim and doesn't blink, driver front signal. I ran a dedicated ground wire to the driver taillight, cleaned all of the grounding contacts inside of both taillights, opened the rear wire loom fixed any little nicks that I found, I also found a orange and a black wire that I can not find listed on any diagram?? I tested the brake switch through the cruise control pug and it was showing hot when the pedal was depressed. I also check the fuses. Sorry for the long winded write up I just wanted to list where I am at.
Thanks in advance

P00hs84Cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #2
row684
1984 CJ7 

Ha! Wireing can be a nightmare for sure... head around to each light and one at a time pull a buld and use a testlight to see if the socket is getting power. Check for any corrosion in the sockets to while you have the bulbs out look inside them make sure the little coils are not broken. If one of the lights does not have power to the socket reach in behind the light and unplug it, again with the testlight touch each prong see if you have juice. If still no juice open the drivers door and reach under the bottom door jam and unclip the wiring harness and carefully poke each wire you haven't found power in yet. (if the testlight prong slips it will draw blood...)

If you need help I'm up in Logan and might be able to help you out saturday. Send me a Private Message if you do.

Rob
row684 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.