1982 Jamboree - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 1982 Jamboree

Gear Installs at CCOR SpecialWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

Unread 08-30-2010, 02:10 PM   #16
HAARUBICON
1984 CJ7 

Thanks Wayne, I think your right. I have looked at it more and I can't get it out of my head that this thing is a really good straight survivor that deserves a good home, at this point it is in my yard and there is no reason for it to go anywhere else. I am excited about becoming a CJ owner again.

So now to hijack my own post, what top would you guys suggest, I would love to go back with the doors with the windows in the bottom part but I have no hardware. Also, anybody got a spare tire rack layin around, I need that also.

HAARUBICON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2010, 06:49 PM   #17
Tigger01
1984 CJ7 

Looked at the Jambo Registry and Number 211 is not Registered on the List

I Guess you have bought it

I have a Tire Rack I have redone had it Acid Dipped to remove any Rust and Painted it Black

Got new plastic tube caps and Rubber bumpers all the hinges have been Redone also

with new Stainless Steel hardware Bolts

Cost me a little to redo but will let it go for $ 100.00 You pay for shipping

PM me if interested and I will take some pictures and sent it to ya

Was going to post it in the Classifieds

Chris-Tigger
Tigger01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2014, 04:41 PM   #18
krex1985
1979 CJ7 

I think I have a Jeep Jamboree rear seat. Just realized it while looking at jeep forum at work.

So I just pulled theses pictures I had off my phone. I do have a rip where your butt goes. No tears on gold stripes.

Does anyone know a price point for a oem Jamboree rear seat?
photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

Last edited by krex1985; 02-11-2014 at 04:42 PM.. Reason: typeO
krex1985 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2014, 09:18 AM   #19
wm69

Depends on condition. In great shape, probably a pretty penny to the right buyer. If in rough shape, no more than any other rear seat in rough shape. Have any better pics?

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2014, 09:54 AM   #20
walkerhoundvm
1981 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krex1985 View Post
I think I have a Jeep Jamboree rear seat. Just realized it while looking at jeep forum at work.

So I just pulled theses pictures I had off my phone. I do have a rip where your butt goes. No tears on gold stripes.

Does anyone know a price point for a oem Jamboree rear seat?
krex, PM sent
walkerhoundvm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2014, 10:47 AM   #21
FLynes
Web Wheeler

1976 CJ5 

If you posted pics of that seat not too long ago, krex1985, that seat needs to be completely redone. Didn't I see towels stuffed in the butt springs?

High Plains Drifter
1976 CJ-5
Lime Green
Black Wellington Vinyl Bench Seats
258 I-6 1bbl
T-150 3-Speed
3.54:1 Open Gears

Grammar Test
FLynes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2014, 11:44 AM   #22
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

According to a book called "Collectors Library -Jeep", the Jamboree isn't rated any higher than other 76-86 CJ7 Jeeps for a collector value. But it doesn't list any $ values (for obvious reasons).
Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2014, 06:07 AM   #23
Brjwoodkkm
1982 CJ7 

$12,500

Here's the deal people. This 1982 Jamboree is only 1 of 2500 made that year. And only 1 of about 400 left in driving shape. I have the same jeep and let me tell you, I would CONSIDER $12,500 and nothing less. It's like a piece of art. It's worth what you can get for it - but if it means to you what it means to me, someone's going to pay the price..... you either "get it" or don't on an 82 CJ7....
Brjwoodkkm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2014, 10:25 AM   #24
tacjeep99

I think the Jamboree editions that are rare and worth quite a bit are the white ones. You almost never see those.
tacjeep99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2014, 10:49 AM   #25
wm69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brjwoodkkm View Post
Here's the deal people. This 1982 Jamboree is only 1 of 2500 made that year. And only 1 of about 400 left in driving shape. I have the same jeep and let me tell you, I would CONSIDER $12,500 and nothing less. It's like a piece of art. It's worth what you can get for it - but if it means to you what it means to me, someone's going to pay the price..... you either "get it" or don't on an 82 CJ7....
If you have an ORIGINAL Jamboree in excellent shape, it's definiitely worth a premium. That said, most of the Jambos you see for sale lack the Jamboree specific items, such as Jamboree specific seats, spare cover, light bar, brush guard, etc. If you have a Jeep that lacks any or all of these the price plummets, simply because without those items, it's just a CJ with stickers on the hood and a dash plaque.

White ones are uber rare. Like double digits in existance rare. Gold ones are not super rare UNLESS they are ALL ORIGINAL and have ALL the Jamboree specific accessories.

More and more now you see a stripped Jambo, where someone has taken the accessories and sold them for $$$, then they try to act like they have a Jeep made of gold when all that is left is Jamboree stickers and the dash plaque.

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
Unread 02-14-2014, 11:14 AM   #26
HAARUBICON
1984 CJ7 

I am the OP of this thread and can say, that even though mine was not in absolute original condition as you can see from the pics, when the unfortunate day came that I had to sell her I felt I should be able to get more than what a comparable Laredo, Renegade, CJ7 would bring and did. They are "rare" comparatively (even in Gold), and the basic package, even without all the accessories was nice, especially the 5 speed manual. The new owner thought it was as cool as I did, but starting a new business meant I needed start up cash and so it goes. It saddens me to this day and hopefully one day I can buy it back from him if he is willing to sell it.

So no matter what you may think about it, personally, I was privileged to own one because it is a nice piece of Jeep history. Plus, Topaz Gold is a cool color and was only available from the factory on the Jamboree and Wagoneers. I also love Waggys, so there.
HAARUBICON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2014, 03:05 PM   #27
wm69

I'm not knocking the Jambo by any stretch, but most of the Jambo's seen for sale today are like this one.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4328413269.html

At least this one is white, but it's missing
original stickers
AM/FM/CB
Seats, front and back. (might still be there)
Fog lights (front).
Fog lights/bar (windshield mounted, optional).
Rear bumperettes.
Carpet.
Rear spare tire and cover.
Wheels are not chrome originals, or even original OEM.
No center caps on wheels.
It's fuel injected
not original tow bar.

Bascially what you have there is a standard CJ with a dash plaque.

There was a guy in NH who took a gold Jamboree and listed it for @ $4k. It was rusted out and about like the one above. He had the Jamboree stuff "a la carte" meaning $4K for the beater with dash plaque, and then he wanted big money for the Jamboree specific parts sold separately.

Jambos are not common, but again, unless they are more or less complete and original, they're just another CJ. Originality is what makes something collectible. Otherwise it's just a resto-mod that anybody can replicate in their yard.

I do agree that they are a sweet edition of the CJ, but a stripped Jamboree is just a CJ.

Given the rarity of the white vs the gold, if this one could be verified as a true Jamboree one could strip a gold one of Jambo specific stuff and restore this one and have a rare bird. Problem is, most of the original Jamboree stuff now is 30 years old, so finding collector quality stuff is a true challenge.

Unread 02-14-2014, 03:44 PM   #28
Mr. Boh
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAARUBICON View Post
It saddens me to this day and hopefully one day I can buy it back from him if he is willing to sell it.
I miss mine too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm69 View Post
I'm not knocking the Jambo by any stretch, but most of the Jambo's seen for sale today are like this one.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4328413269.html

At least this one is white, but it's missing
original stickers
AM/FM/CB
Seats, front and back. (might still be there)
Fog lights (front).
Fog lights/bar (windshield mounted, optional).
Rear bumperettes.
Carpet.
Rear spare tire and cover.
Wheels are not chrome originals, or even original OEM.
No center caps on wheels.
It's fuel injected
not original tow bar.
Some of the stuff you listed was optional for the Jamboree and therefore not technically missing such as the CB and light bar so would not affect the value. Those are more of "nice to have" things. But the other stuff you mentioned are correct. Also to add to your list is an aftermarket center console. All Jamborees came with the factory center console. And the interior steel door paint is black (should be Olympic White). But this Jamboree was obviously a factory soft top Jeep so the top and doors where probably added later at some point.
Unread 02-28-2014, 10:05 AM   #29
wm69

http://lubbock.craigslist.org/ctd/4348839908.html

Nice looking Jambo

Unread 03-01-2014, 08:42 AM   #30
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm69 View Post
It would be if it weren't for the dash being cut and hacked for a radio that is now missing. And, in one of the photos, it looks like there was a small fire under the hood as the paint is burnt and there is a black mark under the hood as well.

I just read some of the description in the add and the seller does in fact state that their was a carburetor fire under the hood.

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.