1982 CJ7 Limited - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 1982 CJ7 Limited

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 07-20-2007, 01:56 PM   #1
troopermc

1982 CJ7 Limited

anyone know where I can get some info on a 1982 Jeep CJ7 Limited???

I just bought one and have searched the internet, but havent come up with much.

troopermc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2007, 02:14 PM   #2
sgtbookie
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Check this site: http://www.82jambo.com/ It is the Jeep Jamboree model site, but the guy has pdf files of all the original AMC showroom files, some cool generic info and the model specific info.
sgtbookie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2007, 03:30 PM   #3
jeepskate
Web Wheeler
1986 CJ7 

Not much around on them...fairly rare limited production run that was the top trim level for the handful of years that it was around. Basically a luxury CJ-7 without the sticker gaudiness of the Laredo.
jeepskate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2007, 06:16 PM   #4
79cj7reny
1979 CJ7 

Just a thought before changing springs. IIRC I think I read somewhere that the Limited had different length springs than the other CJ's. Something to do with the softer ride that the Limited had. Don't quote me on that but I would check it out. Good luck
79cj7reny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2007, 08:19 PM   #5
chromegrille
1947 CJ2A 

length the same
just had soft ride springs
chromegrille is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2007, 09:34 PM   #6
shaker man

hey, who says that laredo sticker is gaudy?
shaker man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2007, 12:49 AM   #7
only in a jeep cj
1986 CJ7 

Trim included colors of metallic brown, white and silver with color matched rims and chrome trim rings. Side mirrors were on the doors and the fender flairs were painted the body color. Optioned werre leather seats and headliner in the hardtop. The doors have pin switches for the domelights and the springs were lined with friction reducing material between each leaf. years were mainly 82 and 83.
I just bought one as well for real cheap. The body is shot, but frame is good. I'm doing a YJ tub swap. What sucks is the seats were changed out to van seats or something by the P.O. and the headliner is shot. Even the flairs need replacing and two of the rims are not OEM, but all have the trim rings. I want to fix and re-sell this Jeep. In my vast collection of spare Jeep parts, I have everthing to turn this CJ into a SWEET ride....even a Laredo, but the stock Limited is just plain looking and the color combo is horrible. Would I be so wrong to do so?

1975 CJ-6 304 T15 Dana20 30/44 3.73
1983 CJ-8 258 T5 300 30/44 3.31 Looking for full or half hardtop buy or trade
1986 CJ-7 Laredo 4.6 stroker T5 300 30/44 3.31
1986 TJ-7 Trail Jeep project in the works
2003 Inca Gold TJ Rubicon
only in a jeep cj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2009, 12:16 PM   #8
Full Tank
1980 CJ5 

I know this is an old post but I stumbled across a 1982 Limited for sale with lots of pics if anyone is interested...as mentioned above, an interesting mirror set up.

http://www.younggunsautoplex.com/web...angler-Limited

FT

1986 CJ7
Dana 30--AMC20--D300--T5--2.5L
Full Tank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2009, 12:25 PM   #9
Curt Reinhardt
1978 CJ5 

Here's the 1982 Jeep brochure

http://www.fvn.no/amcar/brochures/jeep/82cj/82cj.html
Curt Reinhardt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2012, 12:21 AM   #10
82CJ7Limited
1982 CJ7 

The CJ7 Limited was only built for a few years from 1982-to approximately 1984. I do not know how many were build but i think it was only a few thousand . They were the top of the line and loaded. Mine was a Metallic Brown with matching "rally spoke"style steel wheels with chrome trim rings on Goodyear rubber. The interior was completley upholstered including fully padded color matched roll bar,headliner and carpet.Other interior trim was leather steering wheel and passenger grab bar.The model I owned also had a very unusual twin panel sunroof with center interior light. The windsheild was accented in flat black on the outside. Not sure on the exact number built but in the last thirty years I have only seen one or two original models, mostly in the brown. Until recently didnt know they were made in silver and white until I same a picture. Mine was totaled in a accident back in the late 80's unforunately. From what research I have done an all original unrestored model would be VERY valuable today.....my guess would be somewhere north of 20 -25k. Attached is a jpeg of this model, not mine but was exactly like it down to the inspection sticker on window.
epcj7816-1sm.jpg  
82CJ7Limited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2012, 12:31 AM   #11
82CJ7Limited
1982 CJ7 

A few more details.......they also had two tone accent pinstriping ,color matched flares,Limited badging on the rear fender, all had factory hard tops with tinted windows and had complete interior packages. The Jeep company has used the "Limited" name a few times but this was one of the handful of models made in very small numbers and even fewer with a loaded list of included options.
Unread 08-24-2012, 12:40 AM   #12
82CJ7Limited
1982 CJ7 

I have seem many posts and pictures over the years of "supposed" Limiteds but only one in the midwest that was the real deal. A lot of people try to take a plain jane CJ or a laredo and make it look like one but you can spot them from a mile away. Mine was all original in "unmolested" conditon and when I bought it it was owned as a second vehicle by the owners wife, low mileage and in immaculent "cherry condition". The proverbial little old ladies car ......or "jeep". Good luck in the future with Limited , maybe it can be resored to close to what it once was.
Unread 08-24-2012, 12:55 AM   #13
82CJ7Limited
1982 CJ7 

Here is some pictures of an unmodifed white model and a few that have been repainted and lifted.
jeep1.jpg   jeep2.jpg   jeeplift1.jpg   jeeplift6.jpg   jeeppaint1.jpg  

jeeppaint3.jpg   jeeppaint5.jpg  
Unread 09-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #14
karatecop
2003 TJ Wrangler 

New Info?

I've stumbled upon a 1982 Jeep CJ7 Limited. It confused me at first when looking at it... I thought "These are not options on an 80's CJ". Mirrors, steering wheel, seats, rubber end caps on front bumpers.. Then I looked up the Limited brochure and found that this thing is almost exactly 100% stock. Other than floor boards being cut out and replaced, it is in excellent shape. Price is right.

Now I've learned that the fender flares should be the same color as the body, and the windshield frame and door frames should be painted black.

I was curious if anyone has found out more information on how many were made each year (I read somewhere only 200 made in 1982- can't confirm).

Intake replaced with one from Ford 300 cid and holly carb. All mechanical seems great. Frame not rusted.

I'm thinking this is a great jeep to restore back to original - but want to check out all options first.

Anyone have more information?

Edward
karatecop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #15
gopbobby
1982 CJ7 

I may have to more look into my CJ7. I have a 1982. I was told it was a Renegade, but it has brackets on the hard doors where the Limited mirrors are, and on the hardtop some bosses for a possible headliner and the hardtop windows are bronze factory tint. Also has black windshield frame. The seats match the western weave pattern called for in the Limited.
Does anyone know if you can tell by the VIN if it a true Limited?
82_vin.jpg   rear_2.jpg   jeep-interior-2.jpg   jeep-interior.jpg  
gopbobby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.