1980 CJ7 1" Body Lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 1980 CJ7 1" Body Lift

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-15-2013, 06:35 AM   #1
AtlantaCJ7

1980 CJ7 

1980 CJ7 1" Body Lift

Morning all, thinking about adding a 1" body lift...I am putting a 2.5" BDS lift in now, and just thinking through how to put the 1" body lift on. I have heard not to do more than a 1" BL, but wasnt sure if even 1" would create issues like brake lines, drive shaft, fan shroud, or transfer case. Any thoughts, advice? What is the easiest way to lift the tub in my garage? I also have a forklift at my office...maybe that would be easier? I am running 33x12.5 on 15 x 8 stock wheels. thanks!

AtlantaCJ7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
bigjoe
1977 CJ7 

I'm running 1" on my 77' CJ7 only issue I had was I needed to extend the shift linkage on the auto tranny. No issue with tire stuffing in wheel wells but I'm only running 31" tires on that Jeep.

77' CJ-7 84' CJ-7 83' Chevy K10
bigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #3
LumpyGrits
1985 CJ7 

YES, on fan shroud clearance issues.
I just lowered my radiator 1 inch is all.
Watch the fuel tank filler/overflow hoses and the angle of the clutch bellcrank angle. It must remain horizontal.
Also check to be sure that NONE of your brake lines are now rubbing against the body at any point.
LG
LumpyGrits is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #4
GP_Pete
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumpyGrits
YES, on fan shroud clearance issues.
I just lowered my radiator 1 inch is all.
Watch the fuel tank filler/overflow hoses and the angle of the clutch bellcrank angle. It must remain horizontal.
Also check to be sure that NONE of your brake lines are now rubbing against the body at any point.
LG
^ this. Not hard. Just drill new holes for radiator support bolts. Be sure to soak your old bolts in penetrating oil for a few times before starting. Those old body mount bolts suck.
GP_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 03:49 PM   #5
arkiemurph
1985 CJ7 

One plus is it's easier to get to some stuff and to wash out your undercarriage. Example: I'm fixing to change my gas lines out in the back. With the body lift, I can get to them without dropping the tank!

Murph
Unread 08-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #6
LumpyGrits
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkiemurph View Post
One plus is it's easier to get to some stuff and to wash out your undercarriage. Example: I'm fixing to change my gas lines out in the back. With the body lift, I can get to them without dropping the tank!

Murph
DANG, you must have small hands......
LG
LumpyGrits is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.