Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

1979 Jeep CJ5 (just a picture, no tech.)

8K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  cjdadaj 
#1 ·
Hey guys, this jeep belongs to a guy that comes in the shop every now and again. He's owned it from day 1. He takes care of everything he owns (to a level that is just insane to most of us). It's garaged 24/7, has always been. Clean, and very well maintained.

Just thought I'd share, I snagged a picture at the shop earlier.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Visors on the headlights? :hahaha:

#5 ·
it keeps the sun out of the jeeps eyes :rofl::rofl::rofl:

i love the blue:thumbsup:

#6 · (Edited)
*shrugs* I wasn't really asking for negative feedback on anything, I really don't care either way, it's not mine. You don't see CJ5's in this condition anymore so I figure I'd share.

#8 ·
Don't get me wrong. I would take this Jeep in a heartbeat. Just poking a little fun.

#9 ·
That is mint. Can't believe what great shape it is in. I wish i could take care of my stuff like that. It seems every time I even try to someone messes up my plans. Totaled a Honda Ridgeline in January. Told myself when I bought it, it was the last new car I would buy and I was gonna take meticuless (sp) care of it . Had it a year and 1 month and it got rear ended three times, YES three times, then I got wiped out at an intersection in January. So much for keeping things mint!!

#10 ·
Some of us are old enough to remember when the only aftermarket parts you could buy for a CJ were chrome pieces and window decals! To have a friend who can do super-awesome penstriping...priceless.

I must say that is one pristine cj...it doesn't even have the "butt rub" on the door body panel. It's like a 30yr old virgin! Any idea how many miles?

Amazing!

#14 ·
The guy is a chrome fanatic.. you should see his motorcycles if you want to see chrome.

By the way, the guy that owns that jeep, waxes the vinyl siding on his house.. he's 3 steps beyond meticulous. And I'm not joking. Everything he owns is mint.

#16 ·
At our shop we call it being a nutbag. :)

#19 ·
Believe it or not that was done custom back in 1980 right after he bought the jeep. My family owns the building our shop is in, and we rent to the auto trim shop next door.. the old old owner (dead now) custom made that cover personally 30 years ago. It has snaps that go all around the outside and it has a cavity built into it so it also covers the rear seat.

I'll try to get more pictures next time he is around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.