1979 CJ7 Dash Lights arent working - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 1979 CJ7 Dash Lights arent working

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 09-17-2008, 07:08 PM   #1
hookntail
1979 CJ7 

1979 CJ7 Dash Lights arent working

I just purchase a 79 CJ7 and none of the dash lights are working. I took a hot wire and hooked it up to the headlight indicator switch and it came on with power. Obvioulsey, none of them are getting power. Icant trace back the power wire for the dash lights. Any thoughts? Also, my horn wont work from the wheel. I put power to it under the hood and it sounded. Also, my passenger sided turn signal indicator in the spedo cluster is staying lit. The pasenger side fron marker light is very dim. is this coincidenc or relay or something.

thanks

steve

hookntail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2008, 07:15 PM   #2
SlikRic
Muddin Maniac

1983 CJ7 

Welcome to the Jeep world$$$$$ first off Have you tried turning the light switch knob to make your light work, not sure if you are aware of that or not. the speedo blinker light on mine stays solid when I have a bad bulb. The horn sounds like a broken connection somewhere, not for sure.
SUICIDE
SlikRic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2008, 08:11 PM   #3
Renegade79
2006 TJ Wrangler 

i had a similar problem as you with my speedo cluster. all of my lights were burnt out so that was the first problem and then i have to play with turning the light switch left and right to get the speedo lights to work. once i find a good spot they stay on fine, but it had me a little perplexed at first.

congrats on gettin a jeep and a 79 at that!
Renegade79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.