The next area I wanted to work on was the area I mentioned above which was how the vehicle was running. It would back fire and was sluggish. No real reaction from the gas pedal but ran fine at idle. I took it to a mechanic because I have never had the greatest luck trying to tune an engine. After a few hours I got a call stating that the reason the rig was struggling was because it was a points distributer and these being something from the era of the motor needed to be tuned on average every 10,000 miles. My mechanic suggested I put an electronic distributer and I took his advice. This up grade cost me about $300 in parts. Here is the pics of old to new.