1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #571 of 1274 Old 09-01-2012, 11:38 PM
8pitcher
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderofsnow
Well I didn't get anything on the Jeep done today but I did some work that was Jeep related! I purchased a Trailer.....got a smoking deal on it. This was the trailer I used to go to the last Big Dogs. Problem was the rig is too wide for it. I have 4in on ver hang on each side on the rig. To me thats scary. So I went yesterday and purchased some metal. Today I dragged the trailer to Ft Meade and welded up the panels on the sides on the trailer extending it about 4-5in on each side. Took me most of the day but I'm happy with the result. Also got to practice on my welding skills. I think I'm getting a little better at it. No more booger welds!
Looks good. Just gotta ask how much was the trailer? Welds look great too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 1274 Old 09-02-2012, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
boarderofsnow
1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher View Post
looks good. Just gotta ask how much was the trailer? Welds look great too.
$500

J.P.
President / Co-Founder
4 Wheel to Heal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Real Heroes don't wear capes, They wear Dog Tags!"

CHECK OUT 4 WHEEL TO HEAL

4 Wheel to Heal

Build Thread

Facebook
post #573 of 1274 Old 09-02-2012, 12:58 AM Thread Starter
boarderofsnow
1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashbrown View Post
Ramps...... You don't need no stinking ramps!
Yeah but they will help if the rig breaks and I have to winch it up there!

J.P.
President / Co-Founder
4 Wheel to Heal

4 Wheel to Heal

Build Thread

Facebook

post #574 of 1274 Old 09-02-2012, 01:53 AM
8pitcher
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

$500
Sweet price for such a nice looking trailer.

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

post #575 of 1274 Old 09-02-2012, 08:08 AM
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderofsnow View Post

Bleh yourself!

Didn't mean to offend you mate, just not a fan of facebook. I'd rather be here than there. Nice jeep by the way.

Gary (gazzo)

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/gazzos-cj10-truck-2185617/
post #576 of 1274 Old 09-02-2012, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
boarderofsnow
1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Sweet price for such a nice looking trailer.
Thanks brother. It was definitely a steal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzo View Post
Didn't mean to offend you mate, just not a fan of facebook. I'd rather be here than there. Nice jeep by the way.
Thanks don't expect someone not to get offended when you put some random negative comment on their pride and joy. It's Facebook. It takes 2 secs to check and comment on a post. That makes it easier to follow than on here....Mate

J.P.
President / Co-Founder
4 Wheel to Heal

4 Wheel to Heal

Build Thread

Facebook
post #577 of 1274 Old 09-02-2012, 10:37 PM
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderofsnow View Post
Thanks brother. It was definitely a steal.

Thanks don't expect someone not to get offended when you put some random negative comment on their pride and joy. It's Facebook. It takes 2 secs to check and comment on a post. That makes it easier to follow than on here....Mate
Dude, crossed wires here I think. It definitely wasn't your rig I said bleh to (and I only seconded what someone else said by the way) it was facebook which I'm not into!

Cripes, far from it your Jeep is magic, wish I had the mangoes to do that to mine.

Gary (gazzo)

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/gazzos-cj10-truck-2185617/
post #578 of 1274 Old 09-02-2012, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
boarderofsnow
1979 CJ5 

Guys

I'm thinking about going with PRP seats for the rig. With the holiday deals I was hopefully tryingto pic up a pair of seats and then offload my New Bestop seats. I want seats that I can weld into the roll cage and will be set up for at least 5 point harnesses. Thoughts?

J.P.
President / Co-Founder
4 Wheel to Heal

4 Wheel to Heal

Build Thread

Facebook
post #579 of 1274 Old 09-03-2012, 12:20 AM
Hashbrown
Blissfully Unaware

1980 CJ7 

For what it's worth Corbeau is the only way to go in my opinion....

Live Free And Don't Be A Dick
post #580 of 1274 Old 09-03-2012, 12:22 AM
8pitcher
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Ferrari seats for sure. Haha corbeau makes great seats.

post #581 of 1274 Old 09-03-2012, 01:41 AM Thread Starter
boarderofsnow
1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashbrown View Post
For what it's worth Corbeau is the only way to go in my opinion....
Your rig looks like it has the BAJA SS in it? I have heard do to thw width of the seats they are harder to get in and mounted. Either way with my CJ5 and these any harness seats I plan on dropping in most likely I will have to notch my fenderwells to get them to fit. It would be nice to move the seat back an inch or two / recline but I may not buy reclining seats anyway. Pics?

J.P.
President / Co-Founder
4 Wheel to Heal

4 Wheel to Heal

Build Thread

Facebook
post #582 of 1274 Old 09-03-2012, 01:44 AM Thread Starter
boarderofsnow
1979 CJ5 

Also came across this YJ 5.3L build thread and went to town reading it. Pulled a TON of great info that really got me pumped again to do my motor swap! There are a few more variables to my swap but it does not seem as expensive as I first thought. More window shopping for parts for the motor swap fact sheet!

http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...mpleted-9.html

J.P.
President / Co-Founder
4 Wheel to Heal

4 Wheel to Heal

Build Thread

Facebook
post #583 of 1274 Old 09-03-2012, 01:45 AM
8pitcher
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Also came across this YJ 5.3L build thread and went to town reading it. Pulled a TON of great info that really got me pumped again to do my motor swap! There are a few more variables to my swap but it does not seem as expensive as I first thought. More window shopping for parts for the motor swap fact sheet!

http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...mpleted-9.html
Can't wait to see it with the new engine in it. How much bigger is the new engine then the one you got in there now?

post #584 of 1274 Old 09-03-2012, 02:14 AM Thread Starter
boarderofsnow
1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Can't wait to see it with the new engine in it. How much bigger is the new engine then the one you got in there now?
They are both V-8 Chevy blocks. The FI (Fuel Injection) will be programable for more Horse Power, 350 horses to be exact off the stock motor. Thats an insane amount more than what I am running now. Plus I'll be able to run up hill, down hill, and practically on my top! The possibilities are endless. Just alot of time / money to do the swap and get everything right.

J.P.
President / Co-Founder
4 Wheel to Heal

4 Wheel to Heal

Build Thread

Facebook
post #585 of 1274 Old 09-03-2012, 04:10 AM Thread Starter
boarderofsnow
1979 CJ5 

Just spent the last few hours reading through this awesome well documented build thread of a 5.3L motor swap into a CJ. He isn't finished yet but I am sure I can peice the rest together! Great info!

http://www.inajeep.com/home/

J.P.
President / Co-Founder
4 Wheel to Heal

4 Wheel to Heal

Build Thread

Facebook

Tags
14 bolt , 5.3l vortec , atlas , cj5 , dana 60

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.