So I broke down finally. I went ahead and purchased everything I will need for this current build. The only thing that will be left for this is rims and drive shafts. I hope I have considered every angle possible to meet the time line we are working with to be ready by June.
Just got caught up… love it!!! I want to go full width!!! But I want to be able to drive on the street…
Keep up the good work!!!
[COLOR="Red"]... I guess I'm gonna have to fix that too…….[/COLOR]
2005 Wrangler X 4.0/6 speed, Dana 30/Ford 8.8--4.88--Eaton E-Lockers, 35" MT/R, Smittybilt bumpers/rockers/winch, SonicFab tire carrier, RE 3.5 springs, Zone 1.25 BL, FullTraction 3 link upper rear, RE super flex lower rears, UCF ultra high skid and lo/pro mount, brown dog mml.
Alright so I got a little farther on the axles today. Drug them back to the shop after some krylon paint job work. We started with the pinions and removing the bearings. This was done with a press. Here are the two pinions together after they had the bearings pressed off.
I also recieved my 1350 Yokes for the 14Bolt and the T-Case and this ment I could set me preload of my 14bolt. Here is the old compared to the new. This will allow me to go to UBolts instead of straps.
As my old boss would always say "you can't hide money".
Stout drivetrain for sure.
Yeah this conversion hasn't been cheap! That is a fact! I will say though for the price that it would have cost me to buy both of these axles fully built from someone rather than doing it myself I sure saved a lot more money. When I get online and see Dana 60's fully built for up to 6k I know I'm saving money.
It sure is a lot of work though. My girlfriend has all but had enough by this point.
So I bought her a BTF tank top to help with the process.
Got to the shop and started working on getting the preload set for the Dana 60 pinion. After trial and error. We were able to get the preload within about 20in lbs. Then with that and the Corp 14 preload set I moved onto switching lugs out from the disc brakes. Not fun!