1979 cj5 Brake warning harness and reverse switch help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 1979 cj5 Brake warning harness and reverse switch help

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 03-02-2009, 05:27 PM   #1
Muttmutt
1979 CJ5 

1979 cj5 Brake warning harness and reverse switch help

Bought this Jeep completely apart. I have two questions. The harness coming from the proportioning valve has a plug and I have no idea where it plugs into. It is a two wire plug. Also I ordered a reverse switch for my t150 and it has a different plug. BWD S9151 is the part number .My switch has 2 blades that match the harness. The replacement has two flat slide on type deals on the top. I have searched all over for the two spade type switch. Any ideas ?? I have the old one off and the brand is Pollak but I cannot find a part number. All internet referances the S9151 switch and it is wrong for the harness.

Muttmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2009, 04:31 AM   #2
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttmutt View Post
Bought this Jeep completely apart. I have two questions. The harness coming from the proportioning valve has a plug and I have no idea where it plugs into. It is a two wire plug.
There are two black wires comming from the bulkhead connector that plugs right into this plug.

[img]insert picture here[/img}

Quote:
Also I ordered a reverse switch for my t150 and it has a different plug. BWD S9151 is the part number .My switch has 2 blades that match the harness. The replacement has two flat slide on type deals on the top. I have searched all over for the two spade type switch. Any ideas ?? I have the old one off and the brand is Pollak but I cannot find a part number. All internet referances the S9151 switch and it is wrong for the harness.
Two blades? Thats different than what I've seen. I've seen two studs and two "T" type connection like I think you are describing. Does it look like your harness has been molested in any way?
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2009, 06:31 AM   #3
Muttmutt
1979 CJ5 

The plug is factory to the reverse switch. No splice. It is the t-type connector. Do yoou know where I could find a t-type plug that I could splice in? Thanks
Unread 03-03-2009, 06:48 AM   #4
GPER
1979 CJ7 

I can't believe I didn't write that number down, They can look it up. It is under neutral safety switch, I think for the Corvette. They have the button or the spade terminals.

I went through my receipts and the number for the neutral safety switch= back up switch for the spade connector. Auto Value or old Genuine NS18 the NAPA number is NS6578.

Last edited by GPER; 03-03-2009 at 08:59 AM..
GPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2009, 09:22 AM   #5
GPER
1979 CJ7 

So the kid and I have the flu so I have nothing else to do, this is what you are looking for right.
Unread 03-03-2009, 09:33 AM   #6
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

The prop valve has an extension chunk that goes from it to the harness up under the steering column.
Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Mike Romain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2009, 12:24 PM   #7
Muttmutt
1979 CJ5 

Yes that is the switch I need. Thanks I will try to get it locally. Thank again everyone.
Unread 03-03-2009, 03:47 PM   #8
Muttmutt
1979 CJ5 

I took the Napa part number to the local parts store and it interchanged to a Borg Warner # S393. They even had it in stock. Thanks again. I really really appreciate the help. May have this thing on the road sometime soon. Almost ready for paint.
Unread 03-03-2009, 04:38 PM   #9
GPER
1979 CJ7 

Glad you got it, I'll put the NAPA number in my notes.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.