1978 cj5 need instructions for installing 3 point seatbelts onto rollbar...help plz - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 07-21-2009, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
junksauce

1978 cj5 need instructions for installing 3 point seatbelts onto rollbar...help plz

i bought seatbelts and the instructions that came with them were horrible, i could use help knowing which parts go where and how im supposed to attach these seatbelts onto my rollbar...ie. do i have to drill all the way through my rollbar or what? please help, links or advice would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-21-2009, 02:13 PM
jeepskate
Web Wheeler
1986 CJ7 

You need to drill all the way through, weld in a sleeve, then bolt through the sleeve.

'86 CJ-7 Laredo: 4.2,T-999,D300,D30/D44,'94 YJ tub, full cage, Shrockworks rockers, OYR corners, AC,cruise,restored seats,3 tops,2.5" Superlift,F-T shackle reversal, RS9000x's,35" Dunlop Mud Rovers.
'83 Scrambler: time & money pit under construction with parts from CJ's,YJ's,TJ's,FSJ's,GM,Ford,IH,Honda,Toyota and a whole lotta aftermarket & custom stuff.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-21-2009, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
junksauce

ok thank you, also where do i put the retracting mechanism? i have a fiberglass body and so im not sure if there is a specific spot on the jeep, do i mount it on the wheel well or the floor? and are there any pictures or diagrams of this available?

post #4 of 5 Old 07-21-2009, 03:14 PM
CSP

Are these factory seatbelts or some other type?

Some retractors work when mounted parallel to the vehicles direction of travel. Others work mounted at 90 to the direction of travel.

Hard to tell where they mount with the info provided.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-21-2009, 04:22 PM
monninen
1974 CJ5 

I am trying to do the same thing soon. No hijack - just a quick question: is the bolt long enough that you will put through the cage ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.