1978 CJ5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 1978 CJ5

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 02-06-2002, 08:16 PM   #1
pjscj

1978 CJ5

Looking for some advice. In 1978 I purchased a CJ5 (new). 304V8, 3 speed, Levi seats, original carpet, center console, new tires, original ginger metallic paint. It was driven one winter, and then stored subsequent winters. It has 25,000 original miles. Looks, and runs great. All original equipment, except the top (not usable). Floorboard on the drivers side does have rust, but nowhere else. This vehicle is in the garage all year, and has never been "off-road". It's been my "baby" since it has been new. Now, for a variety of reasons, I'm looking to sell. I have no clue what its worth. Any thoughts on a ballpark selling price would be appreciated.

pjscj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2002, 10:48 PM   #2
Jeep CJ5

It sounds like you have a very nice Jeep there. The collector market for Jeeps has always been a bit on the soft side. Folks dont seem to go as wild over old Jeeps as they do over an old Camaro for instance.

But depending on the condition of the Jeep you might be able to get $7,ooo to $11,ooo depending on the condition of the vehicle. I base my numbers on the theoretical condition of the vehicle being very nice and supposing that it has been stored correctly. Also the fact that it has the desirable 304 V8 in addition to the Levis package.

If it needs to be restored to get it perfect the price will be lower.

check out these web sites foe a references:

http://www.austinjeeps.com/available.html

http://www.toyboxjeeps.com/

post it for sale on the various Jeep forums on the web. There is where you find your true Jeep nuts!

Billy

trader23@hotmail.com

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.