1977 CJ7 Hole near Idle Mixture Screw - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 1977 CJ7 Hole near Idle Mixture Screw

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-06-2013, 12:04 AM   #1
BigDizzle005
1977 CJ7 

1977 CJ7 Hole near Idle Mixture Screw

I think I may be in trouble, but I have a hole near one of the idle mixture screws (on the base) on my 2100 Motorcraft carburetor. I just need another opinion to make sure I have no other choice but to buy another carburetor...or that I may be wrong and I can repair it. It's near the RED arrow.

holeincarb.jpg

BigDizzle005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 03:41 AM   #2
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Looks like that carb has had a rough life. Or is it the light on the surface making it look scratched up on the right?

But the good news is that the plug probably just fell out.
Just like the one on the other side.

Normally when they make a carb they need to have passages in the body that are drilled out then the end of the passage is plugged to seal it.
The plug here is usually domed shape that expands when flattened in the hole to seal it and hold it in place.

A good rebuild kit should have these plugs in them. Or epoxy a disk in there from a aluminum can or something....

It may not even cause you a problem if the gasket can seal against it.
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.