1977 CJ7 Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 1977 CJ7 Build

Halloween Savings to die for!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 08-08-2011, 08:22 PM   #1
Tylerzap
1998 XJ Cherokee 

1977 CJ7 Build

This is not really a build, more of a restoration.

Okay, i have had a 1977 CJ7 that i saved from the scrap heap for $500 for a little over 6 months.

I have no title but am getting one. It was last registered in 08 and has almost no rust.

I have never seen a white leather bench seat in a CJ7. So is it part of a package or trim or what???.

Thanks in advance!!!

This "Build" may be a little slow due to only have 5 dollars at the moment.

I have some primer and paint though so tomarrow i am going to paint the frame.
Anyone know where to get and what is the name of the paint on the body??? i just need some floor paint and the roll bar got scratched while getting it off the frame.

And i have a chevy 350 i am putting in and bolting up via adapter to the factory TH400 and Quadratrac TC

Here are some pics of my jeep if you are interested

Tylerzap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 08:24 PM   #2
83vert
1982 CJ7 

Looks like you have your work cut out for you. Good luck and your in the right place to ask questions.
Unread 08-08-2011, 08:30 PM   #3
Tylerzap
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83vert View Post
Looks like you have your work cut out for you. Good luck and your in the right place to ask questions.
Thanks!

I do want to know, isnt there suposses to be a peice of plastic on the bottom of the windsheild frame???

And for anybody wandering, i had my friend (chief of police) look up the VIN and it used to have the 304 V8. I would put one back in for the sake of keeping it AMC, but i already have the 350.
Unread 08-08-2011, 08:44 PM   #4
benullman
1981 CJ7 

do you have the adapter? I have a bellhousing that is Chevy to AMC bolt pattern. Just offering it up. I have a T176 and D300 mated to it. Ill cut you a good deal and meet you down south if you want it, I just need it out of here!

Good luck with the build! Looks like a fun project!

subscribed!!

Ben
Unread 08-08-2011, 08:55 PM   #5
Tylerzap
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by benullman View Post
do you have the adapter? I have a bellhousing that is Chevy to AMC bolt pattern. Just offering it up. I have a T176 and D300 mated to it. Ill cut you a good deal and meet you down south if you want it, I just need it out of here!

Good luck with the build! Looks like a fun project!

subscribed!!

Ben
Id love to but id rather keep the TH400 for its strength and the Quadratrac to keep it original- well that and im broke. actually, hate to admit it but i only have 5 bucks... you know

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

But i figure after a while i will get used to it.

We did have a chevy transmission we were going to swap the bellhousing since the trans was trash, but that TH400 is a single peice. it doesnt have a seperate part for the bellhousing. so im going to have to buy this:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TCI-230000/

Thanks for the offer though!!!

Oh yeah, and either tomarrow or the next day ill have some pictures of the painted frame up.
Unread 08-08-2011, 09:06 PM   #6
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Dont call me a D bag for saying this but... that really looks like its barely a parts jeep. Part it out put the money towards you jeep fund and move on. From your pictures I really don't see more than $600 worth of sellable parts there.

To get that drivable again you are going to spend way more than you would on a CJ that is already driving.

Sorry just my 2 cents.
Unread 08-08-2011, 09:13 PM   #7
benullman
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC View Post
Dont call me a D bag for saying this but... that really looks like its barely a parts jeep. Part it out put the money towards you jeep fund and move on. From your pictures I really don't see more than $600 worth of sellable parts there.

To get that drivable again you are going to spend way more than you would on a CJ that is already driving.

Sorry just my 2 cents.
In all seriousness. I will give him $600 if he wants to sell it as is.

I can come down and pick it up. I could use some of the parts on there. Like the roll bar, I NEED one of those.

Ben
Unread 08-08-2011, 09:16 PM   #8
Tylerzap
1998 XJ Cherokee 

all i need is a adapter plate, new ignition switch, and motor mounts. so, $200 of parts to get it drivable. only rust is floor. so i think it is in pretty good condition. All it needs cosmeticly is a new fender, and flares. and a few other parts. but thanks for the opinion.
Unread 08-08-2011, 09:17 PM   #9
Tylerzap
1998 XJ Cherokee 

nah, imma keep it. thanks for the offer.
Unread 08-08-2011, 09:19 PM   #10
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Ben there are some within 70 miles of you for between 75 - 125. There was a guy here giving one away if someone would come pick it up about a month ago.
Unread 08-08-2011, 09:23 PM   #11
benullman
1981 CJ7 

new hood, fenders, engine, adapter, brakes, wiring, paint....

Im thinking you will be into it $1800 and it wont even be 100% driveable.

Why do you think someone scrapped it? Not trying to be an *** just dont want you to go 'F^^%# JEEPS' because its a money pit.

Ill buy the A/C for $50 if you dont want it. You are going to need some conversion parts to get it to work with the 350.

I would make sure you get a title straight before you sink money into it and cant drive it. N/C is easy to get a title.

Ben
Unread 08-08-2011, 09:24 PM   #12
Tylerzap
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Ben there are some within 70 miles of you for between 75 - 125. There was a guy here giving one away if someone would come pick it up about a month ago.
I know you were talking to ben, but where are the free cjs?????
Unread 08-08-2011, 09:25 PM   #13
benullman
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
I know about them locally. 1/2 of those add are mine

I am not willing to pay more than $50 for one unless its PERFECT.

Ben
Unread 08-08-2011, 09:26 PM   #14
benullman
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerzap View Post
I know you were talking to ben, but where are the free cjs?????
he meant roll bar. And have bought a jeep in complete running order cleaner than yours for $300. Not to make you feel bad

Ben
Unread 08-08-2011, 09:49 PM   #15
Tylerzap
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Posted 2ce... oops

Tags
500 , cheap , chevy , cj7 , jeep

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.