1976 dj5-d needs alternator! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 1976 dj5-d needs alternator!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 06-29-2013, 06:01 AM   #1
jakeh72

1976 dj5-d needs alternator!

Hey guys new jeep owner here. I bought this postal jeep for my mail route and have been having problems with the alternator. It looks as though they don't make an alternator for my year model anymore. Anyone know of a substitute that would fit into the belt scheme and manifold layout (factory)?

jakeh72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 11:27 AM   #2
thantos858
Web Wheeler
1974 CJ5 

If I remember correctly a CJ5 of the same year with the same motor will interchange most parts. Pull the alternator clean it up a bit and find the numbers on it then go to napa and have them look it up based on the numbers.
thantos858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #3
brownbagg
1930 MK Compass 

advance auto parts has it for $49.85. I guess you didnt look too hard. all of three minutes
brownbagg is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.