1976 CJ-5 Rebuild: Pic Heavy - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 1976 CJ-5 Rebuild: Pic Heavy

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 06-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #31
OKCJeepin
1976 CJ5 

Ive started tear down my heap, and other than a few common problems, it has been going fairly smoothly. Today I had around 4 hours mess around with it and I got most of the windshield accecories except the wipers off (Defroster plastics, top metal piece, foam, sun visors, etc...), the hood, tailgate, all the seat belts except one, and a few things under the hood including the radiator.

Now, I have been planning to tear everything apart and send it all off to be media blasted. I would like some opinions on weather or not this is a good idea. Should I go get a small sand blaster and do it myself? Or is it worth the money to have a company do it? If so, are any of you from Oklahoma, around the OKC area, because I could use some nudges in the right direction of who to go to for this. Ive planned to have everything blasted, panels, frame, axles, etc...

From what Ive seen of the rust, I need the passenger and driver side front floor pans, both wheel wells, the driver side and possibly passenger side, side panels, and the passenger side fender and that triangle-ish piece that goes behind it. Anyone have any tips on panel replacement? I have never done any replacement of any kind, and am in dire need of advice

OKCJeepin is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.