1975 CJ5 rebuild - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 1975 CJ5 rebuild

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-08-2013, 08:47 PM   #46
pman
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Amazing work, and no, you didn't mess up with the decals. They really set it off in my opinion!!

82 CJ8 Scrambler 258-t5-Dana 300
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cj...-lulu-1350563/
pman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 07:52 AM   #47
DeafJeep

Hi Bradley, I sent you a p.m.
DeafJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 08:58 AM   #48
bradleybrb

1975 CJ5 

Thanks again guys, here is a pic of my dad in the early 80's with the green jeep in the background. My dad hated having his picture taken and my grandmother threatened him with his life to get it. Just so happened the green jeep was in the background.
bradleybrb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #49
bradleybrb

1975 CJ5 

Here is a pic of me when I was just a squirt and my little brother in 1986 with my first deer. Man, was I lucky! Sorry for the blood, but people weren't as squimish back then. You can't even ride with one visible now. Hope it doesn't offend anyone.
Unread 05-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #50
bradleybrb

1975 CJ5 

Here is one more old photo. It was taken in around 1977. That's me on the with the deer on the hood. My dad, mom and little brother are behind the Jeep.
I was about 15 in the photo above and 5 or 6 in this one. Thanks CJHouch for this idea. Hopefully in another week or two I can post a pic of the Jeep now with my family.
Unread 05-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #51
tonkatrucksryan

2014 JK Wrangler 

I love my 75! So Sorry about your dad. He would be so proud of you and what you have done so far.. I will sure follow your build!!!!

26 Years USAF Retired 1MAY14

Past Jeeps:
04 TJ Rub,05 TJ, 75CJ5, 88YJ
tonkatrucksryan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #52
CjHouch

1976 CJ5 

That's cool. Thanks for sharing. Perhaps I'm a little crazy but I fell in love with cars and trucks at a very young age. They are a personal reflection on their owners and each one has a history and a story. Your jeep is on my list of favorites. Again thanks for sharing.

Greg
Unread 05-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #53
Blutarsky

1979 CJ5 

If I may ask what wheels are those?

Thanks
Blutarsky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #54
CjHouch

1976 CJ5 

My last post was before I saw the last two pictures. Those are awesome. Your jeep is part of the family for sure. Look forward to the picture of your family with it.

Looks like it had a Warn 8274 winch on it. If so and you still have it there are some good threads and other Internet sites on restoring them.
Unread 05-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #55
DeafJeep

God rest your dad's soul. He is smiling in Heaven.

Is that a 7 point buck ? Did you make loads of deer jerky and eat it all up real fast ?
DeafJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #56
CSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleybrb View Post

Did you make the channels under the tub?
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #57
bradleybrb

1975 CJ5 

I am the same way Greg. Growing up around the shop, I was around cars all growing up. Old Camaro's, Chevelle's and all kinds of hotrods. I still have the winch and was undecided on restoring it, but your comments have gotten me to thinking I may tackle it when I get it finished with the Jeep. I am not sure if it's any better than the new ones today, but someone told me it pull like a mule and was stronger than the new ones. I have no idea. It was used a lot. I do know that! One neat thing about the pictures is I couldn't get mad about the dents in the hood 'cause I helped put them in there! haha!
Unread 05-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #58
bradleybrb

1975 CJ5 

The wheels are 17" Black Rock Vipers. They actually weren't my first choice, but I am happy I picked them in the end and they weren't as expensive as some of the other ones I looked at. That is partly why I got them.
Unread 05-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #59
bradleybrb

1975 CJ5 

8 pointer DeafJeep! We didn't make jerky back then! Minute steaks and burger meat! My grandmother could make deer steak, bisquits and gravy that would make you want to slap 'yo momma! haha!
Unread 05-09-2013, 02:47 PM   #60
bradleybrb

1975 CJ5 

CSP, I hope they hold up the way I did them. I couldn't find anyone around here that could bend 16ga. sheet metal so I scored them as lightly as I could with a cutoff wheel. This made a seam so I could clamp it down on a table and bend them. I bent the seam to the inside where it would be like two 45's making a 90. It was the best idea I could come up with for what I had. They looked good. Just hope they don't crack later. i don't think they will because I used a big fender washer so the pressure would be all the way across the channel when I put the bolts through them. That may sound easy, but them suckers were still hard to bend! It took some time and hammer too! I can't make nothing fit right without a hammer!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.