1975 CJ5 rebuild - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 1975 CJ5 rebuild

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 09-04-2013, 09:05 AM   #181
bradleybrb

1975 CJ5 

Well, ain't that something! That's almost just like mine.

bradleybrb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #182
DeafJeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleybrb View Post
Well, ain't that something! That's almost just like mine.
Yep, maybe someday you could open a Jeep shop.
DeafJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 07:43 AM   #183
bradleybrb

1975 CJ5 

Well, not sure I would ever make it in a Jeep shop DeafJeep. I can't seem to ever get finished with one! Well, after a little searching and looking at some threads and stuff on here I decided to piddle on building a speaker box or sound bar this weekend. I didn't think to take any pics until I already had the fleece and resin on it. I built it out of some plywood I had laying around. Not sure yet how it will turn out. It may end up in the trash before it's all said and done. It was too hot to fish or do yard work so I just piddled on it Saturday in the shop. If it turns out okay, I may try to make me a console next or some speaker boxes for under the back seat. It really doesn't look like much at the moment, but maybe it will turn out. I figure it will be practice for messing with the fiberglass on the hard top which I have got to start on soon.

Oh yeah Greg, thanks for the link on the springs. It has giving me something to think about. I have to do some measuring though. I am thinking the springs on the front of a '75 are different than a '76 and up. Also been thinking about the CJ of the month thing you mentioned. There are a lot of awesome Jeeps on here. Not sure how I will do, but since today would have been my dad's 63rd Birthday and marks exactly 2 years since I started tearing the Jeep down I think I may throw it in there for the heck of it. Also, are you running headers on your Jeep? I know you haven't had any problems with your carb, but I have on mine. I think I have my problem figured out. I think I have so much heat in the engine compartment that it is boiling the fuel just a little causing it to flood when it is at idle.
Unread 09-17-2013, 08:31 AM   #184
bradleybrb

1975 CJ5 

Piddled some more on my speaker box/sound bar thing. I got to make it work now. I have too much time in it! I sanded for several hours to get it all smooth and ready for primer. I am thinking about putting a light on it. Anybody got any ideas on the best choice for a small interior light to put on it? Not sure whether to put one on it that I can wire to my light switch or put one on it that is maybe battery operated with a button that turns it on.

Unread 09-24-2013, 08:51 PM   #185
CjHouch

1976 CJ5 

Bradley I have fenderwell headers on mine and they create lots of heat. I don't drive mine on the street yet, just putt around in the pastures. A couple times I've thought I ran out of gas but I guess it was vapor look due to heat. I bought a set of stick manifolds to put on but haven't done it yet.

Watching to see how your speaker box turns out. The way your dash pad turned out I'm sure it will as well.
Unread 09-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #186
bobzdar
1974 CJ5 

Great looking Jeep and great story. I plan to go for a similar look with my '74 as I think it may actually be a renegade, but in yellow. The interior really looks great. Simple and clean, good job!
bobzdar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 10:07 AM   #187
bradleybrb

1975 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CjHouch View Post
Bradley I have fenderwell headers on mine and they create lots of heat. I don't drive mine on the street yet, just putt around in the pastures. A couple times I've thought I ran out of gas but I guess it was vapor look due to heat. I bought a set of stick manifolds to put on but haven't done it yet.

Watching to see how your speaker box turns out. The way your dash pad turned out I'm sure it will as well.
I thought about switching to manifolds, but for some reason, I just love the headers! You might try that insulator gasket under the carb. It helped mine a lot. I got a different one than this, but heard this one was better part # is edl-8722. You will need longer studs too. I think or hope I have my problem almost figured out. I think the cam is messing with the springs on the metering rods. What kind of fuel filter are you running? I had someone tell me to buy one that has a 3 line hook up. One from the pump, one to the carb and then one that bleeds back to the tank. They said that would fix it because it allows the built up pressure/fuel to go back to the tank. They said it was a factory filter set up on those Jeeps. I'm not sure. Anyway, got some primer on the speaker box. Haven't taken any pics yet. I am still unsure how it is going to work out.
Unread 09-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #188
bradleybrb

1975 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzdar View Post
Great looking Jeep and great story. I plan to go for a similar look with my '74 as I think it may actually be a renegade, but in yellow. The interior really looks great. Simple and clean, good job!
Thanks bobzdar, is your '74 a high stamp Jeep emblem or is it where mine is stamped? That may give you a little problem using that decal if it is a high stamped one. I think mid-year '74 is when they changed that. I liked the high stamped Jeep for some reason. I did see one somewhere with close to the decals I have and they split it at the Jeep stamp. It looked really good. It was yellow too. Good luck on your build.
Unread 09-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #189
bobzdar
1974 CJ5 

Quote:
Thanks bobzdar, is your '74 a high stamp Jeep emblem or is it where mine is stamped? That may give you a little problem using that decal if it is a high stamped one. I think mid-year '74 is when they changed that. I liked the high stamped Jeep for some reason. I did see one somewhere with close to the decals I have and they split it at the Jeep stamp. It looked really good. It was yellow too. Good luck on your build.
It's got a glass tub, so it can say Jeep wherever I want . I like both tbh, I like the way the later decals angle back and I also like the high emblem. Here's mine:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ju...egade-1620025/
bobzdar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #190
bradleybrb

1975 CJ5 

Turned 42 today guys. Drove the Jeep farther than it's been driven in probably close to 25 years. I was nice to let the wind blow in my hair while I can (my kids think I am older than dirt) I am getting old though. Them dadgum purple hornies are freaking loud! They do sound good and they scare the crap out of them little yuppies when you clutch it and race 'er up at the red light! Maybe I still got a little young left in me yet!
Unread 09-27-2013, 10:41 PM   #191
WSS
1972 CJ5 

The dash is super awesome!

(Nice Jeep too)

Nice to be to the "piddling" stage. Great build, great write ups.

PS, Happy b day. 42 is just a pup.
WSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2013, 10:47 PM   #192
WSS
1972 CJ5 

Quote:
I thought about switching to manifolds, but for some reason, I just love the headers! You might try that insulator gasket under the carb. It helped mine a lot. I got a different one than this, but heard this one was better part # is edl-8722. You will need longer studs too. I think or hope I have my problem almost figured out. I think the cam is messing with the springs on the metering rods. What kind of fuel filter are you running? I had someone tell me to buy one that has a 3 line hook up. One from the pump, one to the carb and then one that bleeds back to the tank. They said that would fix it because it allows the built up pressure/fuel to go back to the tank. They said it was a factory filter set up on those Jeeps. I'm not sure. Anyway, got some primer on the speaker box. Haven't taken any pics yet. I am still unsure how it is going to work out.

I just did a air gap manifold and dropped the temp from 359 degrees down to 154 degrees under the carb when idling. Ceramic coated headers do work at lowering the heat some. Also,check and make sure you don't have a fuel line too close to the headers, that could cause vapor lock.

Unread 09-30-2013, 08:01 AM   #193
bradleybrb

1975 CJ5 

Thanks WSS, you got a nice ride too! It is nice to be at the piddling stage. That is a huge difference in temps! I would have never thought it would have been that much difference. I had thought about an air gap and ceramic headers, but money was getting tight. That is something I will be thinking about in the future.
Unread 10-01-2013, 08:42 AM   #194
CjHouch

1976 CJ5 

Congrats Bradley on CJ of the Month. Once again. Beautiful Jeep!!
Unread 10-01-2013, 10:27 AM   #195
WSS
1972 CJ5 

^^X2^^

Earned!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.